28030Deep Cuts 18 - Can, Fairport Convention, Frank Zappa, Beefheart, Proggy Christmas, Panzerpappa, Soft Machine

  • Ian Beabout
    Dec 19, 2013
      Hello everyone …

      Specializing in rare cuts by classic and modern bands, Prog Rock Deep Cuts promises to match the obscure with the new and fresh. Intelligent, emotional, and visceral classic to modern progressive rock broadcasted live every Thursday from 7-10 pm EST on www.progrock.com.
      This week (December 19th), Deep Cuts is proud to present yet another varied playlist.  Though the playlist will ultimately be determined during the show, music in consideration include tracks from British folk legend's Fairport Convention and their seminal "Leige and Leif" album, which celebrates its 44th anniversary this December.  Additionally, tunes from Diablo Swing Orchestra, Steve Hillage, Krautrock legends Can, and Soft Machine caught my ear as potential Deep Cuts playlist material, as well Zamla Mammaz Manna and their album "FamilyCracks".  Lastly, we will top it off with a birthday tribute to Frank Zappa (December 21st) with some Deep Cuts and classics from one of my favorite composers and a tribute to the late, great Captain Beefheart.
      Join us this Thursday on www.progrock.com and chat with us in the chat room for what is promising to be an exciting 3 hour trip through modern and classic progressive music!
      Stream live here: http://www.loudcity.com/stations/progrock-com
      Chat link: http://www.progrock.com/chat.htm
      If you represent a band and are interested in submitting your music for consideration, please send a press kit to:
      Prog Rock Deep Cuts with Ian Beabout
      PO Box 6120
      Wheeling WV, 26003
      Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProgRockDeepCuts
      Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ProgRockDeepCut
      Last week's Setlist:
      1. Voodoo Mon Amour - Diablo Swing Orchestra (Pandora's Piñata)
      2. Louisville Stomp - The Aristocrats (Culture Clash)
      3. Ultimate Sealed Unit - Chrome Hoof (Chrome, Black, Gold)
      4. The Floppy Boot Stomp - Captain Beefheart (Shiny Beast (Bat Chain Puller))
      5. Can't Be Long Now / Françoise / For Richard / Warlock - Caravan (If I Could Do It All Over Again, I'd Do It All Over You)
      6. Something Magic - Procol Harum (Something Magic)
      7. Glimpse (Live @ Roth Handle Studios) - Necromonkey
      8. Meeting of the Spirits - Mahavishnu Orchestra (The Inner Mounting Flame)

      From the featured album, Clockwork Angels Tour by Rush:
      9. Caravan
      10. Headlong Flight / Drumbastica
      11. Dreamline
      12. Red Sector A

      13. River - Gentle Giant (Octopus)
      14. Monkey with the Golden Eyes / Hobart Got Burned - The Muffins (Manna/Mirage)
      15. 5, 6 - simakDialog (The 6th Story)
      16. R. E. S. - Cardiacs (A Little Man and a House and the Whole World Window)
      17. She Twists the Knife Again - Richard Thompson (Semi-Detached Mock Tudor)
      18. Wax Simulacra - The Mars Volta (The Bedlam in Goliath)
      19. Orgone Accumulator - Hawkwind (Space Ritual - Live)
      20. As I Dried the Tears Away - Samurai (Samurai)
      21. Dangerous Veils - Jethro Tull (Roots to Branches)
      22. The Torture Never Stops - Frank Zappa (You Can't Do That On Stage Anymore, Vol. 1)
      23. Armin - Curved Air (Air Cut)
      24. Make Anchor Babies - Curtis Hasselbring (Number Stations)
      25. Grungadelic - Out of the Beardspace (Out of the Beardspace III)
      26. Suspicious Waveforms - Thank You Scientist (Maps of Non-Existent Places)