28005"Vapor Trails" Remixed, Jean-Luc Ponty, The Muffins, Oblivion Sun (Ex Happy the Man)

  • Ian Beabout
    Oct 3, 2013
      Hello everyone …

      Specializing in rare cuts by classic and modern bands, Prog Rock Deep Cuts promises to match the obscure with the new and fresh. Intelligent, emotional, and visceral classic to modern progressive rock broadcasted live every Thursday from 7-10 pm EST on www.progrock.com.

      This week, we are presenting yet another eclectic setlist, with nearly every major subgenre represented including (but not limited to) - fusion, modern symphonic, Prog Folk, Rock in Opposition, and Canterbury.  This week, we will be celebrating the birthdays of acclaimed French electric violist Jean-Luc Ponty (Frank Zappa, Return to Forever, Mahavishnu Orchestra) as well as ex-Crimson drummer Ian Wallace and Paul Sears of The Muffins.  Also, we will be featuring a track from the much-anticipated remix of "Vapor Trails" by Rush, Mahavishnu-inspired Indonesian band I Know You Well, Miss Clara, as well as the new disc from Soft Machine Legacy entitled "Burden of Proof".  To top it off, we will be honoring the turn from summer to autumn with tracks from one of the quintessential records for the season, Mellow Candle's "Swaddling Songs" - an obscure, one off Irish folk band from the 70's who made mellotron-drenched and goregous acid folk, as well as a cut from the new Oblivion Sun entitled "The High Places", a led by Stan Whitaker on guitar and vocals and Frank Wyatt on keyboards and reeds (ex-Happy the Man).  Tune in for this and plenty of surprises!

      If you represent a band and are interested in submitting your music for consideration, please send a press kit to:

      Prog Rock Deep Cuts with Ian Beabout
      PO Box 6120
      Wheeling WV, 26003

      Press Contact: progrockdeepcuts@...