      From: biceeichler <eichler2@...>
      To: ProgAndOther <ProgAndOther@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Tue, Mar 5, 2013 4:55 pm
      Subject: [ProgAndOther] Re: Love For Levon

      --- In ProgAndOther@yahoogroups.com, "T. J. Higgins" wrote:

      > So I'm channel surfing and stumble across the Levon Helm benefit
      > show from last fall, "Love For Levon," on my public TV station and
      > caught the last 1/3 of it. Really great show. Worth checking out
      > if you happen to see it in your TV listings.

      I stumbled on the last half of that about a week ago - I think it
      was on the AXS channel. Really enjoyed it, so I kept an eye out
      for re-runs and got to see the first half a few days later.

      > Roger Waters is featured on the last 3 songs. I gotta admit I'm
      > still trying to wrap my head around Waters playing Americana music
      > on stage with the likes of Joe Walsh, Gregg Allman, and Robert
      > Randoph.

      I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought I must have slipped into
      an alternate dimension while watching Waters sing "The Night They
      Drove Old Dixie Down".

      I had never heard of Grace Potter before seeing that concert, but
      a few days ago they were showing one of her band's shows and I saw
      the last 10-15 minutes of it. I don't think I've evern seen anyone
      who is as *into* performing as she is. Bouncing all over the place
      and frequently hopping up from the keyboards to high-five the front
      row. The music was only so-so, but the stage presence was amazing.