26493Re: pc software to digitize a collection

    Jan 2, 2010
      --- In ProgAndOther@yahoogroups.com, Noah Lesgold <nlesgold@...> wrote:
      > Also meant to add, I ended up just going with Windows Media
      > Player.

      Be VERY glad you didn't go with iTunes. At least on a Windows
      platform. It might work wonderfully on a Mac, but it's a piece
      of crap on a PC. My daughter got a Harry Potter DVD for Xmas
      that came with a "digital copy" you could download and put on
      an iPod. It took THREE DAYS for the damn thing to download,
      mostly because iTunes kept crashing every 10 minutes. Once it
      was down, it took another hour or so to figure out how to get
      it over to the iPod because the process was completely
      unintuitive. And the kicker is that in order to get this
      "free" movie, I had to create an Apple Store account for my
      daughter and sign into it around a dozen times.

      I had to put Quicktime on my main computer to watch something,
      and now Windows Explorer runs painfully slow and the computer
      has been displaying some weird bugs.

      For the life of me, I can't understand why so many people think
      Apple is so superior to Microsoft. Every experience I've had
      with them thus far has sucked.