      From: progholio@... <progholio@...>
      To: ProgAndOther@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Fri, 2 May 2008 5:11 pm
      Subject: Re: [ProgAndOther] The S's Continued.........

      -- stevesly@... wrote:
       " 796.                    THE SWORD  AGE OF WINTERS  2006 The Sword are a
      relatively new band from Austin Texas who would really love to be the second
      coming of Black Sabbath.  The music here is very similar to Ozzy era Sabbath and
      although they do it very well, the material is somewhat derivative."

      I've been very curious about this band, i like the one or two songs i've heard,
      i'm a big fan of stoner/sabbath/ and just heavy music in general, a little
      cautious of the derivative nature though. Maybe if i find it used.
      Thanks for the Stolen Babies review btw, i know they are label mates with SGM
      and Estradasphere, definitely sounds promising.

      Jeezuz dude, 800 of these albums you've reviewed so far, hats off to you.

      Speaking of the Sword, last night i just listened to a copy of an album called
      "In The Future" from a band called Black Mountain from 2008 - and there is
      nothing futuristic about it. Very cool if you are into, well, Sabbath, Led
      Zeppelin type of riffs slathered with mellotron and occasional female vox, some
      very nice retro rock by the young'uns as Jed Clampet might say.

      rich
      Need cash? Apply now for a credit loan with fast approval.
      http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2111/fc/Ioyw6iifTOUF4fc8H58ueRDYoQbif4rl5MXUpBCLsXpA9aQLAXJWf2/?count=1234567890

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to: