23675Re: [ProgAndOther] T titles, part second to last

    Jun 1, 2006
       Bob wrote:

      <<Natalie Merchant, Tigerlily - another one of my wife's Natalie
      Merchant CDs.<<

      I always like 10,000 Maniacs, but never bought any of Merchant's solo stuff.

      >>Arti+Mestieri, Tilt - wow, I forgot how good this album is.<<

      I still don't really get this one.  For all the praise that it gets, I find it to be a pretty average Italian prog rock album.  I was never blown away by it.  I enjoyed their ProgDay performance, but again would probably not rank it at the top of my list.

      >>Electric Light Orchestra, Time <<

      ELO's most underated album.  This really was a return to prog like stuff after the "commercial" years.  Really a solid album from beginning to end.

      >>3, To the Power of Three - one of the "bastard stepchild of prog"
      projects of the 80s.<<
      I liked this one ok, I though Emerson Lake and Powell was better though if we are talking the 80's incarnations of ELP spin offs.

      >>Toy Matinee, Toy Matinee -<<

      I never understood why this band did not become much larger.  "Last Plane Out" got some airplay, but it should have been a huge it.  It is one of those songs that after the first time I heard it I could not get it out of my head.

      Steve Sly
      ProgDay 2006
      (NP - Liquid Tension Experiment - I)