22399Proto-Kaw

  • kream5
    Mar 30, 2005
      Knowing that this group began as an off-shoot of Kansas group, it's
      true (as opposed to vinyl?) confessions time. I was a prog-snob in
      the '70s, of the opinion that it it wasn't English, it wasn't my cup of
      prog-tea. I dismissed Kansas, owing perhaps also to the over-exposure
      of their radio hits. When the remasters came, I picked up Leftoverture,
      then the King Biscuit disc, and enjoyed both, but left it at that. I
      passed on the Proto-Kaw archival disc but with Nearfest approaching,
      picked up the new(er) release. I know it's been said before, but...WOW!
      After three listens, I'm blown away. I played the last track
      (theophany) repeatedly in the car and look forward to not only many
      repeated listenings but their appearance at Nearfest! Hope to see many
      of you there!

      Rick
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic