22278New Mars Volta

  • Greg Hall
    Mar 2 6:29 AM
      Like Bob, I dropped by Circuit City on my way home from work last night, but found that my local Circuit City is out of business.  Fortunately, there was a Best Buy just down the road selling it for $6.99.

      I can see why a lot of people would like this CD.  It is very fresh sounding and is unlike anything I've heard before.  In my eyes, it is clearly progressive rock even though MV is labeled as an Alternative band.  Unfortunately, I have a very hard time digesting the singer who has a somewhat whiney voice and likes to wail, moan, and weap on top of some great instrumental work.  Let's hope that the singer becomes less grating once I get used to him, because there is an awful lot to like.

      Greg

      Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!