19803Re: [ProgAndOther] Re: Yes Confirms 35th Anniversary Tour

    Feb 3, 2004
      In a message dated 2/3/2004 5:50:44 AM Eastern Standard Time, kdude420@... writes:

      > My fave tours are Masterworks in '00 &
      > Yes Symphonic in '01, when they busted out rare epics like "Ritual" &
      > "The Gates of Delirium," the latter possibly being my fave Yessong ever.<<

      It is always interesting how people view things differently. To me the "Masterworks" tour was probably my least favorite. I like all phases of Yes's career and to not play anything past 1976 to me left out a lot of great music. The 30 minute epic thing got a bit old after a while for me. The "Symphonic" tour set list was better, but still skipped over entire sections of their history. Plus I really liked "The Ladder" album which was almost completely ignored. Don't get me wrong, I love all of the really old stuff too, but I also like to have things mixed up a bit more than they did on those tours.

      I feel lucky though I've caught what I
      > have. Although on a recent solo show last month, Jon Anderson (his first
      > solo tour in 22 years) supposedly said Yes is considering on this next
      > tour doing "Mind Drive," "To Be Over" & "On the Silent
      > Wings of
      > Freedom," but I'll believe it when I hear it.<<

      I would love to hear all of those, but I know they have talked about doing "Mind Drive" before, but have never done it.

      Steve Sly
      Progay X
      http://www.progday.com
      (NP - The Flower Kings - Meet The Flower Kings Live)
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic