19793Re: [ProgAndOther] Re: Yes Confirms 35th Anniversary Tour

    Feb 2, 2004
      In a message dated 2/2/2004 5:53:21 AM Eastern Standard Time, kdude420@... writes:

      > A lot of famous people went to Interlochen actually, like Mike Wallace
      > from 60 Minutes (even though he's forever old lol) & actress Meredith
      > Baxter. I can't think of any more off hand but there have been others.<<

      Yes, Interlochen has produced many many great artists over the years.

      >> You have to audition to go
      > there. That would have been SO amazing to see Yes at Interlochen! Interlochen kind of discouraged rock 'n' roll when I went
      > there. They figured you got enough exposure to that already when you
      > weren't there. Then they started getting some rock bands after I went
      > there.<<

      They have a lot of rock now, albiet of the more gentile variety (no metal, rap or grunge). They also do country and blues as well.

      >>es was
      > 'cause they actually toured with a symphony three years ago. (one of
      > their best tours ever!)<<

      It was good, but I have seen them when they were better IMO. The Union tour is still the highlight of the 9 times I have seen Yes.

      >>Detroit is only about three & a half, four hours
      > from here. Grand Rapids sounds about as far from here as Chicago.
      > Chicago is the second closest they're playing to here. They're playing
      > All State Arena which I THINK is the old Rosemont Horizon,
      > if so, I saw
      > Pink Floyd there about sixteen years ago.<<

      Yes, Alstate Arena is the old Rosemont.

      Steve Sly
      Progday X
      http://www.Progday.com
      (NP - Tab Benoit - The Sea Saint Sessions)
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic