18490Re: [ProgAndOther] Re: Some thoughts on NEARFest '03

  • progluvr@aol.com
    Jul 1, 2003
      In a message dated 7/1/2003 7:53:32 AM Eastern Daylight Time, eichler@... writes:

      ne thing I forgot to mention in my long, rambling post - the
      light show.  It was impressive, but personally I'd rather watch
      the bands than the lights.  It seemed like during quiet parts
      the lights were often too low to see much on stage, and during
      upbeat sections the lights were usually going crazy to the point
      where they were distracting from the music.  Not to mention the
      times the lights were shining directly out into the audience's
      eyes, making it impossible to watch the bands.  Note to whoever
      was running the lights:  Make it bright enough to see the bands,
      but other than that have yourself a beer and relax.

      Yes!!! Most definitely agree with you on this.  It also made taking pictures without a flash difficult.  It's nice to have some colored lights and maybe a bit of a background but the wild light gyrations mostly are NOT needed.

      Deb S.
      "The Prog-Rock Diner"
      www.fcac.org   (WEBR)
      ProgDay!