12146Re: Digest Number 1052

  • eichler@epix.net
    Jun 1, 2001
      Greg Hall <motorcityprogger@y...> wrote:

      > Although I'm not able to go to NEARfest this year (see you at
      > ProgDay!), I would recommend that you have the mixer at the
      > Crocodile Rock Cafe. The basement is huge with several areas
      > (seperate rooms) where you could gather if you chose not to listen
      > to the bands. You could even meet upstairs where they serve dinner
      > and have a more traditional bar.
      >
      > In addition, by being there you will be supporting a couple of Prog
      > Bands and can give these bands at least a few minutes of
      > listening...who knows they could be great bands?!?!

      That's not a bad idea, but something else to keep in mind - at least
      from my experiences of the two locations, the Bethlehem Brew Works
      had better food, better ambience, and (most importantly) better beer.
      And the staff didn't show open contempt for festival goers.

      -- Bob "Bice" Eichler

      NP: AC/DC, _Back in Black_. Good Friday afternoon blowing-off-steam
      album.
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic