12145Re: [ProgAndOther] Digest Number 1052

  • Greg Hall
    Jun 1, 2001
      Although I'm not able to go to NEARfest this year (see you at
      ProgDay!), I would recommend that you have the mixer at the Crocodile
      Rock Cafe. The basement is huge with several areas (seperate rooms)
      where you could gather if you chose not to listen to the bands. You
      could even meet upstairs where they serve dinner and have a more
      traditional bar.

      In addition, by being there you will be supporting a couple of Prog
      Bands and can give these bands at least a few minutes of
      listening...who knows they could be great bands?!?!

      Greg

      NP: Kansas - Two for the Show

      --- CanarioAB@... wrote:
      > According to the email I got, the Crocodile Rock basement has been
      > air-conditioned since last year ... last year was so miserable
      > though, I'm
      > not sure if that will sway many people!
      >
      > There had been informal talk of having a mixer and social time at the
      > Brew
      > Works Friday evening ... considering that we're going to be sitting
      > and
      > listening to music for all but a few hours for the following 2 days,
      > the
      > mixer is more attractive to me at this point, but now that the
      > pre-show has
      > been announced, we have a split, which I think is too bad. I was
      > looking
      > forward to seeing/meeting new faces. Obviously I'll be in touch with
      > the
      > folks I already know, but it's the ones I don't know and would like
      > to meet
      > that could be in either place and be missed.
      >
      > Right now my vote goes to the Brew Works ...
      > AB

      a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic