Citizen Change at New Parkway July 15

  • James Chambers
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 4, 2013

      I'm delighted that Citizen Change, my documentary about the invention of Domestic Partners, will be screened at the New Parkway Theater in Oakland's Uptown district on Monday evening, July 15.

      After historic victories recently in the march toward marriage equality, come celebrate the efforts of the pioneers who took the crucial first step, achieving what at the time seemed to be nearly impossible in 1984: the enactment of the first legislative affirmation of same-sex couples anywhere in the world.

      For more about the film, visit the web site at citizenchange.weebly.com.

      The screening will be sponsored by two local chapters of the ACLU, and will be open to the public. A suggested donation of $5.00 to defray costs is requested, though no one will be turned away.

      The New Parkway Theater, in Oakland's thriving Uptown district, is at the center of Oakland's art scene. A cafe is on-site, with food encouraged in the comfort of the sofa-and-armchair theater. It's a fun place in itself.

      If you didn't see the film at the Frameline International LGBT Film Festival, or at its screening at Berkeley City College, or would like to see it again, I encourage you to attend. I'll be there to answer questions, along with some of those interviewed for the film.

      I hope to see you there:

      CITIZEN CHANGE
      Monday, July 15th
      7:00 pm
      The New Parkway Theater
      474 24th Street (between Telegraph and Broadway), Oakland
      Suggested donation, $5.00

      This event is co-sponsored by:
      • The Alameda County Paul Robeson Chapter of the ACLU
      • The Berkeley-Richmond Chapter of the ACLU

      James Chambers