Re: [ProductionAllStars] Data & Democracy Initiative, 2 opportunities

  • Janan Ali
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 28, 2013
      Hi,
      I couldn't find the attached flyer?

      From: rachel mercy <vistaproduction@...>
      To: rachel mercy <vistaproduction@...>
      Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2013 10:25 AM
      Subject: [ProductionAllStars] Data & Democracy Initiative, 2 opportunities

      Hi Allstars / Students

      Check it out if it applies, go for it!
      rms

      Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2013 5:16 PM
      Subject: Fwd: Data & Democracy Initiative, 2 opportunities

      Begin forwarded message:

      From: "Camille Crittenden" <ccrittenden@...>
      Subject: Data & Democracy Initiative, 2 opportunities
      Date: February 28, 2013 10:07:40 AM GMT+10:30
      To: "Camille Crittenden" <ccrittenden@...>

      Dear friends of DDI!

      I write to ask for your help to publicize two opportunities for students or others to get involved with DDI projects.

      First, we are co-hosting a College Ready Hackathon March 17. We invite developers, designers, students and educators to help create apps for preparing to apply to UC. Prizes will be awarded for apps targeting 3 groups: middle school, high school, and community college transfer students. A flyer is attached and information is available at http://tinyurl.com/uc-ready-hackathon.

      Second, we are looking for an enthusiastic student with interest and contacts in social activism to work with us as a Community Liaison. The first project will be to recruit groups to help create case studies for the Rashomon Project, the tool for creating multi-perspective video chronologies of contested events. A flyer is attached, and the job description is also at http://opinion.berkeley.edu/ddi/?page_id=285.

      Thanks very much for your interest!
      Camille

      Camille Crittenden, PhD, Director
      Data and Democracy Initiative
      Center for Information Technology Research in the Interest of Society (CITRIS)
      University of California, Berkeley
      P: 510-643-8834
      W: http://citris-uc.org/initiatives/data_and_democracy