BCC film accepted :was:(Re: [ProductionAllStars] Submit Student films for the LPC Student Film Festival)

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 19, 2013
      Hi all,

      Just a quick note to let you know that I submitted 'joi transformed' and was accepted. The festival is this Saturday night at Las Positas in Livermore. They are a community college like BCC (a bit more horizontal and larger) with the same issues we have as such. While it would be nice to have folks come out for me, I feel it would be nice to come out for all the folks there working as we have. The submissions will likely be interesting films from there and a few other places in the region, and we could all potentially connect with each other as peers. I'll likely be driving a van if anyone would like to travel with me. Otherwise, if you are thinking of coming and would like more information, just drop me a line at dfshultz@... and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

      Dave Shultz
      Græ Area Productions

      On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 3:31 PM, rachel mercy <vistaproduction@...> wrote:

      Hello,
      There is still time for your students to submit entries for the Las
      Positas Student Film Festival. We are hoping to get a good sampling of
      submissions from local colleges, so any help in getting the students to
      submit work is greatly appreciated.

      We are looking for short films such as short fictional narratives, music
      videos, PSAs, commercials, animations, experimental, documentary, video
      journalism, fan films and more for the 5th annual film festival. Design
      a movie poster for your film and we will exhibit it in the gallery from
      2/12/13-2/25/13 during the festival.

      Info:
      Free to enter. Free to attend. Prizes will be awarded
      Movie and poster entries due by Friday 2/8/2013 at 1PM
      Filmmaker’s panel: Ask them a question Thursday 2/21/13 at 7PM (room
      300)
      Awards and screening of movies on Saturday 2/23/2013 at 7PM
      Films will be screened at the 400+ seat Barbara F. Mertes Center for the
      Arts
      (Bldg. 4000) on-campus.
      The audience will be able to vote for their favorite movie, so bring
      as many people to the show as possible. The filmmaker from the winning
      movie will win a prize.
      Movie Poster Exhibition will run Friday 2/12/13 until 2/25/13.

      Subscribe for festival updates:
      http://lpcfilmfestival.blogspot.com

      follow us on Twitter
      LPCfilmfest