BCC Alumna - Mo Morris' film about Edy Boone

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 9, 2012
      Dear Allstars and BCC Colleagues,

      Attached is a news article about our BCC alumna, Mo Morris, and her film about Edy Boone, which Mo began at BCC.  A number of BCC students and faculty have participated in this project and I wanted to share it with our community.  It's great to see one of our students receive a City of Berkeley Funding grant and launch a successful Kickstarter campaign.

      Congratulations to Mo and thank you to everyone who has supported her project. ( The Kickstart campaign is still active, if you'd like to contribute.)

      Rachel Mercy Simpson

      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 9, 2012
        I'm happy to report that "Citizen Change", the 48-minute documentary that I started as BCC video production student under the working title "Partners in Change", has been accepted into Frameline and will have its world premiere as an official entry of the 36th Annual San Francisco LGBT Film Festival.

        The screening will be at 7:00 at the Roxie Theater on Wednesday, June 20. The doc anchors the program, "Dearly Beloved," and will screen after two short docs.

        It took a (very) long time to complete the project, and I couldn't have finished it without the guidance, effort and moral support from the BCC Multimedia community. I am very grateful to everyone who participated and hope that those who contributed in some way will share in the pride that a project we worked on collaboratively has reached the screen and, hopefully, will screen at many festivals.

        For information about the doc, visit our website at citizenchange.weebly.com. For Frameline tickets, please go to Frameline.org. There is also a page at facebook.com/citizenchange.

        Again, thanks to Rachel, Hannah, Judith, Marissa and all of my fellow students. I hope to see some of you at the screening.

        Jim