***Great Local Documentary Film Internship Opportunity- North Oakland***

  • Regan Brashear
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 16, 2011
    Hi All Stars,

    I'm excited to share that things are starting to take off with FIXED, a documentary that explores disability, ableism, eugenics and transhumanism in the context of emerging human enhancement technologies.  I am currently looking for one or two interns to help with some of the post-production tasks. We've been invited to present FIXED at a human biotech conference this July in NY and recently got word that the Smithsonian is considering it for a program! It's an exciting time to join the project.

    There is more information below.

    Please contact me if you are interested or would like to find out more. Many thanks!
    Regan

    **************
    Regan Brashear
    Producer/Director

    FIXED: The Science/Fiction of Human Enhancement Documentary
    Follow FIXED on Facebook.
    Join FIXED's e-newsletter.

  • Regan Brashear
    Message 2 of 3 , Aug 30, 2011
      Hi All Stars!

      We are looking for an energetic intern who is interested in learning assistant editor type skills to help us with early stages on our exciting, new film on the Holocaust.

      Main tasks will include:
      * logging footage from our initial production trip to Poland and Germany which is in English, Hebrew, and a little Polish and German. Familiarity with any of these foreign languages is a plus.
      * coordinating archival footage
      * help putting together assembly reels
      * other tasks as needed

      We are looking for someone who:
      * knows the basics of Final Cut Pro
      * ideally, but not necessarily, knows Hebrew (or Polish or German)
      * can make a 2 day/ week, 3 month minimum commitment (Please note: we are based in Sausalito, CA)

      This could lead to a paid position as an assistant editor.

      We are also happy to work with your school to help you receive course credit. You don't need to be a student to apply however.

      If you are interested, please send a resume and a brief note explaining why this internship interests you and what skills you bring with you to info@....
      Feel free to call if you have any questions: #415-332-3266.

      About the film, THREADS:  A daughter's search for her mother's hidden Holocaust past leads her to a community of women who clung to life and each other by a thread.

      About us: Open Eye Pictures is a small, Sausalito-based, award-winning production company specializing in creative, non-fiction media.  Our most recent release, THE GROVE, premiered at the Full Frame Film Festival and is scheduled to air nationally on PBS in December 2011. Our critically acclaimed and Oscar-shortlisted UNDER OUR SKIN is the recipient of seven Best Documentary awards at international film festivals and has been a "Most Popular" documentary on Hulu and SnagFilms.

      We look forward to hearing from you!

      Regan Brashear
      Community Engagement Coordinator
      #415-332-3266