My current project!

  • John
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2010
      Hey everyone!

      Not certain is everyone know who I am, but my name is John Ashton-Keller and I am a multimedia student (and alumni) at BCC.

      I just wanted to let everyone know that I am currently in the pre-production stages for a video project I am hoping to begin shooting at the beginning of next year. It is a bellydance performance video featuring some of the best dark tribal fusion bellydancers titled 'Bellydance Unbound'.

      On Saturday, I shot a proof-of-concept video (with Natalie Newman as my DP) to give people a rough idea of what the concept of the project is about. You can view it here:
      http://www.vimeo.com/16406182

      I would love to hear your feedback. Just one caveat at the moment, the dancer probably has a style that is furthest removed from what people consider to be more traditional bellydance than the other performers that will appear in my video.

      Also, if you like to learn more about the project, you can visit the following pages:
      http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ashton-keller/bellydance-unbound
      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bellydance-Unbound/123041641085216

      I may be looking for crew, mainly PA's when we start filming so look for my crew calls when I post them. I hope some of you will be interested in helping out.

      Thanks for your time!

      John