Fall BCC Classes

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 16, 2010
      Dear Allstars,

      Here's a heads up on classes I'm teaching this Fall. For those of you who
      haven't been around BCC recently, we now have a working studio with a large
      cyclorama and green screen, plus a host of HVX cameras, a dolly and many other
      nifty devices. We also loan cameras and equipment to currently enrolled
      students. Students and faculty have been producing outstanding work recently;
      Natalie Newman won an Emmy and Judith Ehrlich was nominated for an Oscar for
      "Daniel Ellsberg" BCC had eleven films screen at the Mill Valley Film 2009
      Festival.

      Sign up soon if you're interested. I'd welcome seeing you in class, (or hearing
      what you've been up to - vistaproduction@... - just don't hit Reply on
      this email.)

      Enjoy your summer and stay in touch.

      Rachel Mercy Simpson

      151 B/C - Intermediate/Advanced Video Production. This term I'll teach "Visual
      Storytelling" and the course will emphasize how to construct a narrative using
      cinematography, art direction and lighting. We'll use the Panasonic HVX cameras
      and shoot in HD. Mondays 9-5pm (w/ lunch break)

      150 C/D - Editing. Once again, I'll supply footage to the class (we have some
      gorgeous professional footage,) I'll also bring in professional editors for
      guest lectures.

      149 Music Video - I'll be co-teaching the class with Khamisi Norwood, an
      acclaimed music video cinematographer.

      There are still some places in all the classes, so don't delay in signing up.
      I look forward to seeing you.