PBS Quality Group Workshop

  • Joel
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 14, 2010
      I attended the PBS Quality Group workshop last week at KQED and just wanted to pass along a web link for any of you who may be planning on submitting work to PBS or KQED for consideration in the future.

      www.pbsconnect.org/qualitygroup

      Much of the information was highly technical and over my head but interesting none the less. One of the most surprising bits of info was that WGBH in Boston (Frontline, Nova) wants all of their producers to submit 16:9 using 4:3 action safe framing! (There is apparently still a big fight going on about this) The reason being that 50% of households in the US are still watching on 4:3 sets. They generally don't letterbox because then, "the image would be too small on a 10" kitchen TV" (boo hoo).