Save Bonnie, dean of multimedia, from getting axed! Email the district board!

  • marissaaroy
    Message 1 of 1 , May 24, 2010
      Students,

      I just found out that our Multimedia department dean, the wonderful Bonnie Schaffner, may get her position cut! The district board will meet tomorrow (TUESDAY NIGHT! May 24th!!!) to either remove or keep her position. If Bonnie's position gets axed, our multimedia department will in an incredible state of disorder!

      Below is the list of the trustees' emails. Please copy the addresses and send an email to all of them that you wish to keep Bonnie as our Dean! I don't even think we can fathom how frustrating and horrible our educational lives will be without her! Please also forward this email to others you think may be interested! Whatever we can do to keep her around, let's do so! Please do me this favor! Thanks everyone -Marissa Aroy

      Send an email to all of the district board:
      ngonzalezyuen@...
      bwithrow@...
      mhodge@...
      lhandy@...
      wriley@...
      cgulassa@...
      aguillen@...
      ythompson@...
      rmpatterson@...
      gwaiters@...
      repstein@...

      Use this text body or something like it:

      Dear Peralta College Board Members:

      Please do not remove Dr. Bonita Schaffner from her position as dean at Berkeley City College. She has been a great asset to the Multimedia department. One of the reasons we've been able to have great classes, equipment, computers, and facilities for our multimedia classes is because Dr. Schaffner has done her best to make sure our needs are met. Even as budget cuts are necessary for our district to survive, she has done everything she can to make sure that we as students do not suffer too much from the cuts. She is an essential part of our department and for that reason, I urge you to not approve any proposal that may remove her from her position.

      Sincerely,

      Berkeley City College Student
      Multimedia Department