Most Important email I've sent

    Message 1 of 1 , May 25 8:09 AM
      Dear Allstars,

      Please take 10 minutes now to help save our dean Bonnie Schaffner. This is crucial to our department functioning.

      Mmart has transformed over the past few years: we've finally built and equipped a functional shooting studio. We hired the amazing Bryan Gibbs to supervise audio/visual needs. The woman behind our success is Dean Bonita Schaffner, whose position was cut this spring due to budget. I honestly don't know how we'll function without Dean Schaffner; she's the one who finds funding for our equipment and TA's when the coffers are empty. She's the one who assists students when they need to add/drop a course and A&R is not functioning. She is straight-talking, hard-working, kind and tremendously effective.

      This is our ONLY chance to voice our concerns about losing this woman who has created incredible opportunities for you to learn at BCC. Please support your studies and our effectiveness as a department and send letters to the trustees TODAY. There is a sample letter below you can send or tailor as you like.

      If you can cc; me w/ your letters, that will help us keep track of what the trustees are receiving.

      Thank you for taking action.
      Rachel, Natalie, Marissa

      aguillen@...
      ythompson@...
      rmpatterson@...
      gwaiters@...
      repstein@...

      > If you're a student use this text body or something like it:

      Dear Peralta College Board Members:

      Please do not remove Dr. Bonita Schaffner from her position as dean at
      Berkeley City College. She has been a great asset to the department. One
      of the reasons we've been able to have great classes, equipment,
      computers, and facilities for our multimedia classes is because Dr.
      Schaffner has done her best to make sure our needs are met. Even as
      budget cuts are necessary for our district to survive, she has done
      everything she can to make sure that we as students do not suffer too much
      from the cuts. She is an essential part of our department and for that
      reason, I urge you to not approve any proposal that may remove her from
      her position.

      Sincerely,

      Berkeley City College Student
      Multimedia Department