Internships & 151B & enrolling for classes

    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 15, 2009
      Hi Allstars,

      Attached are two internship postings -

      1) BCM, which is great if you want to familiarize yourself w/ TV production and gain access to quite a bit of equipment.

      2) Obay Creative. A small production company run out of Fantasy Records/Saul Zaentz Film Center. I like and respect both partners, Khamisi Norwood and Judd Flemming. They do a lot of work - they are currently producing a tv show about food culture in the Bay Area and they also do quite a bit of work on music videos.

      Please let me know if you are interested or end up doing either of these internships.
      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

      I am also attaching the flier for 151B - which will include shooting HD and using our marvelous new professional equipment. 151B students this term will also visit ABC studios in SF for a private tour and be present for live taping of a show.

      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

      Finally, if you're having difficulty signing up for courses w/ Passport, here are a few tips:
      - sign up for the 1 unit lab and THEN sign up for the Lecture, afterwards.
      -email me to let me know if you still hit problems and I will forward your messages to the correct people to address the problem.

      Happy Holidays,
      Rachel
    • Carmen Carrillo
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 16, 2009
        Hi Rachel, attached is the ITV proposal for your review. This is being prepared in response to an Open Call, due January 15. I would love for you to be a part of this, and would value your comments on the proposal itself. I plan to work on the budget right after Xmas. If you cannot participate, I would appreciate your suggesting an alternative co-producer.

        Dr. Carmen Carrillo
        1010 Sycamore Avenue, suite 211
        South Pasadena, Ca 91030
        (510) 705-3842
        ACTION!

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 17, 2009
            Hi Rachel : Thanks for your suggestions. The guidelines specify a project that has begun, and I feel that a case can be made for having begun it. Anyway, hope to connect with Rick and/or Judith. The actual work would begin after May, if we're funded. On another matter, the computer wouln't let me enroll in Judith's 156, maybe because I have not studied FCP at BCC. I've taken FCP courses at BCM and tutorials. Can you put in a word for me with Judith? Thanks so much, and I hope that your holidays are splendid...Carmen