Fwd: Berkeley Filmmakers Screening Series continues with "Little Manila" and "Sikhs in America"

  • Marissa Aroy
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 17, 2009
      Hi folks,

      For those of you interested in seeing two films we made, please make a reservation to come see Little Manila and Sikhs in America at this Berkeley Screening.

      Looking forward to seeing you there!
      Marissa Aroy

      Subject: Berkeley Filmmakers Screening Series continues with "Little Manila" and "Sikhs in America"

      The series continues on Thursday, August 20 at 7pm with the screening of Little Manila: Filipinos in California’s Heartland.  The documentary aired nationwide in 2008 as part of PBS’ Asian Pacific American Heritage Month and highlights the vibrant history of Filipinos in Stockton and is part of the Viewfinder Series.   Following will be the screening of Sikhs in America, a look inside the Sikh community, its religious traditions, home life, working life, and provides a rare view of unique traditions such as arranged marriage and dating.

      Filmmakers Marissa Aroy and Niall McKay will lead a Q&A after the screenings.

      Tickets are free, but seating is limited and by reservation only.  Previous screenings have sold out.  If you wish to make a reservation for this screening or have questions, please click on reservations@... .

      All screenings will occur on the third Thursday of each month at 7pm.  Reservations will be taken for a particular month's screening only after the 1st of that month.    For more information on this and other scheduled films, please visit www.berkeleyfilmscreening.com.

      We look forward to seeing you at the movies!

      Judith A. Wetterer
      WAREHAM DEVELOPMENT
      1120 Nye Street, Suite 400
      San Rafael, CA 94901

      415 457 4964 main
      415 457 5420 fax
      P Please consider the environment before printing this email

      Marissa Aroy

      MEDIAFACTORY
      cell phone: 510-368-0580