Intermediate Class

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 22, 2006
      Dear Intermediate Students,

      I am sorry to say we need to cancel 151 B & LB this
      term. Peralta has changed their teaching load
      requirements and, even with the requisite number of
      students enrolled, I wouldn't have been permitted to
      teach it (I learned this from our dean after our
      classes met last week.) In making the decision I
      spoke with Peter Freund and Gloria Voigt and everyone
      decided that there was really no one to step in my
      place and that we couldn't do it in a way that would
      be strong.

      You folks who took the Intro and Intermediate Classes
      last term - I am impressed by both the quality and
      significance of work you're doing. Even more so, I am
      deeply touched by how well you all worked on each
      others projects. Each and every one of last terms
      Intermediate projects blossomed because of your
      collective generosity and teamwork. Thank you
      Gianpaulo and Kevin for also volunteering on some of
      those shoots.

      I have several hopes: First that we will stay in touch
      and continue to support one another's projects.
      Secondly, that you all will enroll next Fall - yes! -
      in the no longer concurrent but it's own beautiful
      thing - Intermediate class. I don't know about you,
      but I can't wait to teach at a more advanced level.

      I am more than happy to speak with you individually
      about continuing your projects and helping you find
      alternate courses for this term if you need
      recommendations.
      New to Vista Production Intermediate students, you are
      more than welcome to re-enroll in the Intro class this
      term. We've had some pros take that course in the
      past, so it may be worth your while, even with your
      prior video experiences.

      Finally, Thank you to all the students who worked so
      successfully last term and hoped to make it happen
      this term. I say thank you because working with you
      has been a gift to me - you had such momentum, skills
      and good spirit, I'd give a light tap in the right
      direction, we'd slate and you would roll with it.
      What a joy.

      Probably teachers don't usually say this, but I'll
      miss you. And i sure hope to see you all next fall.

      http://mail.yahoo.com

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 23, 2006
          Is there anything we can do? Start a petition or something?
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 23, 2006
            Hi Courtney,

            I"m sorry. I don't think there's a way to make it work
            this term. I sure tried and Peter and the
            administration would have liked to see it happen too,
            but there's no good solution. I do hope you'll be able
            to take one of the courses next fall, if your schedule
            doesn't permit the Intro class now.

            Thank you for your willingness and I hope to see you
            in production either now or later.
            Rachel

            --- hitmn316 <csid1@...> wrote:

            > Is there anything we can do? Start a petition or
            > something?

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Gianpaulo Hernandez
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 27, 2006
              Hei Rachel,

              I got your message about the class.
              it's a shame it got cancelled, but i guess it's out of
              our hands. I sure hope we all keep in touch through
              yahoo groups. However i'm very exited about the
              promising fall semester. Looking forward to take the
              intermediate class then.

              <--==GNO==-->
              i2006
            • Margaret Paloma Pavel