Re: [ProductionAllStars] CafeFights.com

  • Jamie DeWolf
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 30, 2008
      i liked the short, good stuff. And I love the idea of
      cafe-fights and would totally rock that shit. lemme
      know what you're thinking in terms of scheduling for
      that.

      --- Ari <rekz@...> wrote:

      > The cinemasports movie a few of us worked on is
      > posted online at
      > http://ohthatsnicefilm.blogspot.com and at Vulcan
      > Tube (a channel on Youtube.com).
      >
      > I just registered "cafefights.com" domain name, and
      > I'm thinking we'll shoot some sequels?
      >
      > I admit it, my Mom suggested I shoot some sequels.
      > She really liked it.
      > And the idea has grown on me. Tension! Conflict!
      > Coffee, Tea and donuts! And angry
      > couples saying whatever they really want to say to
      > eachother but normally don't -- and
      > backed up by a waiter/waitress and surrounding
      > cafe-goers.
      >
      > So ... I was thinking maybe we can do more cafe
      > fights (3-10 min shorts) over the course
      > of the semester (or possibly this year)? I'd like
      > to collaborate with folks, write scripts, do
      > storyboards; do a really thorough pre-production
      > process.
      > Anyone interested?
      > Add up a bunch of these and it's a feature. Or a
      > DVD.
      >
      > I just watched all of Coffee & Cigarettes last
      > night, the movie Rachel showed a few scenes
      > of. It was a beautiful film ... but for me, it was
      > a hard movie to sit through!!
      > And I was figure -- if HE can do it, why not me &
      > why not us?
      > (Although he had HUGE names not normally seen in
      > films, like Iggy Pop & Tom Waits, and
      > he had a big budget, so if people have some famous
      > friends that would be a way to get
      > the film shown in theaters ...)
      >
      > Please let me know if you are interested in working
      > on this project?
      >
      > PEACE - Ari
      > 310-920-4178 Cell
      > threewaysmedia.com

      Be a better friend, newshound, and
    • Ari
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 22, 2008
        Jamie & Production AllStars,

        Well, that CafeFights project got de-railed a bit as I went off with
        Clif Ross (from class) and we shot tapes for a month in Venezuela.
        He's still down there (another 3 months), and his first film
        'Venezuela: Revolution from the Inside Out' is now out on Netflix.

        He shot his first film (a feature documentary) on a small handheld
        mini-DV camera, entirely on auto-focus and auto-exposure!!! What's
        shocking is that film looks pretty good, is well edited, and overall
        was a pretty good 'insider's look' into life in Venezuela.

        (So don't give up hope you yourself if you have a subject to film!!!
        Just do it!)

        Anyway, my CafeFights.com project is still alive, but needs more
        shoots. If people are interested working on this here, let me know!
        It's a great way to blow off steam AND rant in public. Looking to
        collaborate & experiment.

        I'm off to New York this Sat for 1 week, hope to shoot an episode there.

        PEACE - Ari
        310-920-4178 Cell
        threewaysmedia.com

        --- In ProductionAllStars@yahoogroups.com, Jamie DeWolf