CafeFights.com

  • Ari
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 25, 2008
      The cinemasports movie a few of us worked on is posted online at
      http://ohthatsnicefilm.blogspot.com and at Vulcan Tube (a channel on Youtube.com).

      I just registered "cafefights.com" domain name, and I'm thinking we'll shoot some sequels?

      I admit it, my Mom suggested I shoot some sequels. She really liked it.
      And the idea has grown on me. Tension! Conflict! Coffee, Tea and donuts! And angry
      couples saying whatever they really want to say to eachother but normally don't -- and
      backed up by a waiter/waitress and surrounding cafe-goers.

      So ... I was thinking maybe we can do more cafe fights (3-10 min shorts) over the course
      of the semester (or possibly this year)? I'd like to collaborate with folks, write scripts, do
      storyboards; do a really thorough pre-production process.
      Anyone interested?
      Add up a bunch of these and it's a feature. Or a DVD.

      I just watched all of Coffee & Cigarettes last night, the movie Rachel showed a few scenes
      of. It was a beautiful film ... but for me, it was a hard movie to sit through!!
      And I was figure -- if HE can do it, why not me & why not us?
      (Although he had HUGE names not normally seen in films, like Iggy Pop & Tom Waits, and
      he had a big budget, so if people have some famous friends that would be a way to get
      the film shown in theaters ...)

      Please let me know if you are interested in working on this project?

      PEACE - Ari
      310-920-4178 Cell
      threewaysmedia.com
    • Jamie DeWolf
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 30, 2008
        i liked the short, good stuff. And I love the idea of
        cafe-fights and would totally rock that shit. lemme
        know what you're thinking in terms of scheduling for
        that.

        --- Ari <rekz@...> wrote:

        > The cinemasports movie a few of us worked on is
        > posted online at
        > http://ohthatsnicefilm.blogspot.com and at Vulcan
        > Tube (a channel on Youtube.com).
        >
        > I just registered "cafefights.com" domain name, and
        > I'm thinking we'll shoot some sequels?
        >
        > I admit it, my Mom suggested I shoot some sequels.
        > She really liked it.
        > And the idea has grown on me. Tension! Conflict!
        > Coffee, Tea and donuts! And angry
        > couples saying whatever they really want to say to
        > eachother but normally don't -- and
        > backed up by a waiter/waitress and surrounding
        > cafe-goers.
        >
        > So ... I was thinking maybe we can do more cafe
        > fights (3-10 min shorts) over the course
        > of the semester (or possibly this year)? I'd like
        > to collaborate with folks, write scripts, do
        > storyboards; do a really thorough pre-production
        > process.
        > Anyone interested?
        > Add up a bunch of these and it's a feature. Or a
        > DVD.
        >
        > I just watched all of Coffee & Cigarettes last
        > night, the movie Rachel showed a few scenes
        > of. It was a beautiful film ... but for me, it was
        > a hard movie to sit through!!
        > And I was figure -- if HE can do it, why not me &
        > why not us?
        > (Although he had HUGE names not normally seen in
        > films, like Iggy Pop & Tom Waits, and
        > he had a big budget, so if people have some famous
        > friends that would be a way to get
        > the film shown in theaters ...)
        >
        > Please let me know if you are interested in working
        > on this project?
        >
        > PEACE - Ari
        > 310-920-4178 Cell
        > threewaysmedia.com

        Be a better friend, newshound, and
      • Ari
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 22, 2008
          Jamie & Production AllStars,

          Well, that CafeFights project got de-railed a bit as I went off with
          Clif Ross (from class) and we shot tapes for a month in Venezuela.
          He's still down there (another 3 months), and his first film
          'Venezuela: Revolution from the Inside Out' is now out on Netflix.

          He shot his first film (a feature documentary) on a small handheld
          mini-DV camera, entirely on auto-focus and auto-exposure!!! What's
          shocking is that film looks pretty good, is well edited, and overall
          was a pretty good 'insider's look' into life in Venezuela.

          (So don't give up hope you yourself if you have a subject to film!!!
          Just do it!)

          Anyway, my CafeFights.com project is still alive, but needs more
          shoots. If people are interested working on this here, let me know!
          It's a great way to blow off steam AND rant in public. Looking to
          collaborate & experiment.

          I'm off to New York this Sat for 1 week, hope to shoot an episode there.

          PEACE - Ari
          310-920-4178 Cell
          threewaysmedia.com

          --- In ProductionAllStars@yahoogroups.com, Jamie DeWolf