Re: Sharing Our Expertise

  • Valentino Mumford
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 8, 2005
      In keeping with the spirit of Hannah and Pete's posts I was
      wondering if people were considering doing any independent projects
      during the holiday - "Have Camera will shoot" kind of thing...
      Val Mumford

      --- In ProductionAllStars@yahoogroups.com, Peter Erwin
      <tranquiyote@y...> wrote:

      > A big second from me-Pete
      >
      > hannahchauvet <hannahchauvet@y...> wrote:Hi Fellow AllStars,
      > I was just thinking as I typed up my last shoot evaluation for
      Rachel that she gets to read
      > all of our "lessons learned" but we don't get to read each others.
      How about having a final
      > wrap-up session where those members of both the intermediate and
      the introductory
      > class who have learned some important lessons share them with the
      entire class?
      > I know that I learned a lot about shooting green screen projects.
      Gavin Moore did a lot of
      > lighting research both for my shoot and for Robert's shoot. Randy,
      Peter, Jim and Tamra
      > have all become more expert with the DVX 100A. Kyazad worked as a
      sound recordist last
      > summer and could certainly share his expertise. So, Rachel and
      fellow Allstars, what do
      > you think?
      > Hannah

      > Wedding video production Video production california Training
      video production Video production Video production company Video
      production college

      Service.

      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 13, 2005
        Hello Dear Production All Stars -

        Today Tuesday is the big screening. Everyone Please
        arrive on time.
        A few last chances:
        -If you haven't had your fellow students sign
        releases, bring spares and by all means get that done
        today.
        -If you are still turning in work for your binder,
        definitely do it, but not at the cost of coming late
        or missing our final class. I will give partial credit
        for late work IF you have submitted it by 1:30 to the
        guard at the annex today Tuesday.
        - I am working on getting a special class code for
        Intermediate students wanting to continue with lab
        only next term. I've spoken to Joe Doyle who seems we
        can get something called a 48 status which will permit
        you to sign up.
        - I would love to have a wrap up - what I learned
        session. How about a party? As some of you know I had
        a big old party, barbecue, backyard screening at my
        house the first term I worked at Vista, and nearly got
        fired for it. As faculty, I'm not allowed to do it,
        but if one of you wants to throw a party that would be
        just great.
        - If each of you wants to Briefly share one thing you
        learned today during the screening, you could do it
        while we switch tapes/DVDs. That would be great!
        Can't wait to see you all later - wear your gowns,
        bring your cookies and don't forget to label your
        tapes/dvds.
        Rachel

        http://mail.yahoo.com