Sharing Our Expertise

  • hannahchauvet
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 13, 2005
      Hi Fellow AllStars,
      I was just thinking as I typed up my last shoot evaluation for Rachel that she gets to read
      all of our "lessons learned" but we don't get to read each others. How about having a final
      wrap-up session where those members of both the intermediate and the introductory
      class who have learned some important lessons share them with the entire class?
      I know that I learned a lot about shooting green screen projects. Gavin Moore did a lot of
      lighting research both for my shoot and for Robert's shoot. Randy, Peter, Jim and Tamra
      have all become more expert with the DVX 100A. Kyazad worked as a sound recordist last
      summer and could certainly share his expertise. So, Rachel and fellow Allstars, what do
      you think?
      Hannah
    • Peter Erwin

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 8, 2005
          In keeping with the spirit of Hannah and Pete's posts I was
          wondering if people were considering doing any independent projects
          during the holiday - "Have Camera will shoot" kind of thing...
          Val Mumford

          --- In ProductionAllStars@yahoogroups.com, Peter Erwin
          <tranquiyote@y...> wrote:

          > A big second from me-Pete
          >
          > hannahchauvet <hannahchauvet@y...> wrote:Hi Fellow AllStars,
          > I was just thinking as I typed up my last shoot evaluation for
          Rachel that she gets to read
          > all of our "lessons learned" but we don't get to read each others.
          How about having a final
          > wrap-up session where those members of both the intermediate and
          the introductory
          > class who have learned some important lessons share them with the
          entire class?
          > I know that I learned a lot about shooting green screen projects.
          Gavin Moore did a lot of
          > lighting research both for my shoot and for Robert's shoot. Randy,
          Peter, Jim and Tamra
          > have all become more expert with the DVX 100A. Kyazad worked as a
          sound recordist last
          > summer and could certainly share his expertise. So, Rachel and
          fellow Allstars, what do
          > you think?
          > Hannah

          > Wedding video production Video production california Training
          video production Video production Video production company Video
          production college

          Service.

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 13, 2005
            Hello Dear Production All Stars -

            Today Tuesday is the big screening. Everyone Please
            arrive on time.
            A few last chances:
            -If you haven't had your fellow students sign
            releases, bring spares and by all means get that done
            today.
            -If you are still turning in work for your binder,
            definitely do it, but not at the cost of coming late
            or missing our final class. I will give partial credit
            for late work IF you have submitted it by 1:30 to the
            guard at the annex today Tuesday.
            - I am working on getting a special class code for
            Intermediate students wanting to continue with lab
            only next term. I've spoken to Joe Doyle who seems we
            can get something called a 48 status which will permit
            you to sign up.
            - I would love to have a wrap up - what I learned
            session. How about a party? As some of you know I had
            a big old party, barbecue, backyard screening at my
            house the first term I worked at Vista, and nearly got
            fired for it. As faculty, I'm not allowed to do it,
            but if one of you wants to throw a party that would be
            just great.
            - If each of you wants to Briefly share one thing you
            learned today during the screening, you could do it
            while we switch tapes/DVDs. That would be great!
            Can't wait to see you all later - wear your gowns,
            bring your cookies and don't forget to label your
            tapes/dvds.
            Rachel

            http://mail.yahoo.com