DVD conversion

  • isarrodesigns@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 26, 2007
      Hello Group.

      I am wondering if anyone knows of a fairly inexpensive place that does DVD conversions from a European PAL DVD format to a US NTSC format with US region coding.
      Or if you know soneone who can do it that would be great too. Any information would be helpful.

      Thanks in advance,
      Ilja

    • Vincent Horner

        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 26, 2007
          hey ilja!!! it's been a long time to see you.. =)

          I don't know this information will help you but I believe there is one
          place next to Vista's old building.. on milvia(?) street I guess...
          It begins with Berkeley... but i don't remember the whole name of it..

          I convert from PAL to NTSC last may... they are so professional about it..

          I hope you can find the place :D

          take care and let me know about your projects,
          dila

          --
          Dila Beksac
        • Amelia Chua
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 27, 2007
            Hi Ilja:
            The place Dila is referring to is the Berkeley Media Center. The name
            is posted over their door. It's at the corner of Addison and Milvia.
            Good luck.
            Amelia Chua

            Dila Beksac wrote:

            > hey ilja!!! it's been a long time to see you.. =)
            >
            > I don't know this information will help you but I believe there is one
            > place next to Vista's old building.. on milvia(?) street I guess...
            > It begins with Berkeley... but i don't remember the whole name of it..
            >
            > I convert from PAL to NTSC last may... they are so professional about it..
            >
            > I hope you can find the place :D
            >
            > take care and let me know about your projects,
            > dila
            >
            > On 9/26/07, isarrodesigns@... <mailto:isarrodesigns%40aol.com>
            > <isarrodesigns@... <mailto:isarrodesigns%40aol.com>> wrote:
            > >

            > > Hello Group.
            > >
            > > I am wondering if anyone knows of a fairly inexpensive place that
            > does DVD
            > > conversions from a European PAL DVD format to a US NTSC format with US
            > > region coding.
            > > Or if you know soneone who can do it that would be great too. Any
            > > information would be helpful.
            > >
            > > Thanks in advance,
            > > Ilja
            > >

            > > ________________________________
            > > See what's new at AOL.com and Make AOL Your Homepage.
            > >

            > --
            > Dila Beksac

          • Robert Philipson
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 27, 2007
              Hello Fellow Production Students,

              "Ma Rainey's Lesbian Licks" was shot in Rachel's Intermediate Production
              class in the fall of 2005. It already had its premier at the SF Frameline
              and SF Black Film Festival last June, but it is now playing at the Oakland
              International Film Festival at 9:15 October 24 at the Grand Lake Theater.
              Here is the link: http://www.oiff.org Check out the link; there's a lot of
              stuff going on.

              Please come and see one of our works on the big screen, as well as
              supporting a local film festival. The OIFF also offers a good volunteer
              opportunity to anyone who is interested in seeing how a film festival works
              close up. (And you'll be able to get into some of the screenings for free.)
              Email your interest to droach@....

              By the way, Danny Glover is supposed to show up for opening night (October
              18).

              See you there,

              Robert Philipson

              Kick back and relax with hot games and cool activities at the Messenger
              Caf´┐Ż. http://www.cafemessenger.com?ocid=TXT_TAGHM_SeptHMtagline1
            • isarrodesigns@aol.com
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 27, 2007
                Hi Dila.

                Thanks for the reply. I will try a few other leads and if that doesn't work I will try the Berkeley Media Center. I know where they are. Thanks for helping out.
                How is school going for you? Are you having fun?

                Hope all is well.

                Ilja

              • Eireann
                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 27, 2007
                  Hey all,

                  Pirate returning from the depths.... ;-)

                  Dila, I believe that would be the East Bay Media Center 1939 Addison. 510-843-3699

                  They are a nice couple of guys. Video maniacs for sure....

                  Anyway, for those who care, I will see you in the advanced class in Spring. Taking a semester off to rethink my life, or at least that is what the Jedi master said when asked him if he would like some death sticks. *giggles*

                  See ya'll soon :-)

                  Micha

                  Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.
                • kimbagirl523
                  Message 8 of 9 , Sep 27, 2007
                    A-hoy Micha)))

                    Glad to hear you have resurfaced from the Flying Dutchman))) I am
                    busy as usual, swashbuckling with the social justice agenda as usual
                    and will be graduating with my BA from New College in December. Are
                    you still doing the twistyman thing? If you are, I wanted to contact
                    you about possibly doing a Sweeney gig for my little one's b-day, as
                    the tenative date for this would be 10/20 at my friend Tiny's house
                    in S.F., located in the lower Mission. I plan to do a 'double
                    trouble' b-day for them both, since their b-days are less than a
                    month apart. If you are still doing this, how can I contact you for?

                    Please write to me at: jasnina523@...

                    Hope 2 hear from U soon and great 2 know you are doing well))) I
                    also hope to see you in the Spring.

                    Cheers,

                    -Vivian

                    p.s.: 'Hi' to Ilja and Dila)))
                    -- In ProductionAllStars@yahoogroups.com, Eireann <eireann333@...>

                    Message 9 of 9 , May 1, 2008
                      Hi Amelia,

                      I'm sorry, I seem to have misplaced your phone number.  I've been finishing up three freelance jobs and have little time outside of class to put into teaching. I'd love to screen your video in class and do a critique there. Hope to see you at school today.