Shoot a Boxing Match

    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 24, 2005
      Hi Stars,

      Anyone interested in shooting some boxing on July
      30th?

      A colleague and friend, Mike Sampayan, will be boxing
      in Fairfield, CA. You would need to arrive by 5:30 pm
      and bring your own camera. Mike will cover your
      expenses/gas, food, tapes. I would love to find two
      people/each on a camera to shoot the fight. You can
      own the material so long as you give him a dub and get
      releases (also from his rival.)

      Please get back to me soon, if you're interested, and
      I will give you tips and specifics. The event may last
      until 10pm or could end significantly earlier.

      Hope you're all enjoying your summer. I'll be in
      France from the beginning of July and probably
      incommunicado.

      Rachel
    • Peter Erwin
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 27, 2005
        Hey Rachel,
        I'd like to film mike's fight if there are no
        other takers as of yet. I should figure this out soon
        however because I have already commited to working on
        Peter Freund's shoot in a very replaceable capacity
        that same day. I'll be able to answer my phone on and
        off today if you could call me back...510) 282-5015.
        Hope you're having a great summer -Pete

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 27, 2005
          Dear Pete,

          you got it. I'm so glad you contacted me first. I
          really hoped you would be one of the folks able to do
          it.

          As discussed, I'd like to put you in charge of
          organising it. Try to find at least one other camera
          and person to shoot with. Mike will cover all
          expenses.

          The set-up; get signed releases from fighters prior to
          the fight!
          Set up camera nearly at 180 degrees; each camera =full
          ring but nothing wider than necessary. Definitey set
          back at least one camera and shoot using telephoto.
          Audio will be crazy loud and probably ok with camera
          mic or basic shotgun.
          My idea to make money: offer to shoot other boxers for
          $40 p/fight? Put idea by Mike? Let me know if you need
          help finding other folks to go w/ you.

          Rachel

          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 20, 2005
            Do you have a film you want to make this term?

            Intermediate Video Production - MMART 151B & 151LB
            VO515 & VO561
            Lecture Tuesdays 2-5pm / Lab Wednesdays 1-5pm

            Class begins Tuesday August 23, 2005.

            Hone your production skills in the areas you choose
            including Directing, Cinematography, Lighting, Audio,
            and Art Direction. Work on great crews, Develop video
            projects for your reel.

            Shoot on the new Panasonic 24 p cameras.

            Preference given to students who have taken
            Introduction to Video Production (MMART 151A), but
            will consider folks who have other experience making
            videos.

            If you are a video novice, there’s Introduction to
            Video Production Mmart 151A & LA
            Tuesdays 2-5pm and Thursdays 1-5pm.

            Would love to see those of you who took the Intro
            class. The Intermediate class starts shooting
            immediately and does more polished projects. Great
            new equipment and more in depth techniques.