Frontline World piece Tuesday night, watch it!

  • Marissa Aroy
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 10, 2007
      Dear Friends:

      Tune in this Tuesday, April 10, 2007 for the latest broadcast of FRONTLINE/World on PBS (9pm nationwide). In this hour is a piece that I produced about a social entrepreneur in Paraguay whose tool is music. Luis Szarán is the founder and director of Sonidos de la Tierra (Sounds of the Earth) and he's been creating a network of community-based music schools where kids from all walks of life learn instruments like the violin and guitar. From the squeaky notes of "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" to the thrum of a hundred harps playing in unison, we journeyed across Paraguay and saw and heard how music is transforming the lives of youth.

      Also in this hour are reports on NATO operations in Afghanistan and a micro-lending program in Uganda. For more information go to: http://www.pbs.org/frontlineworld/

      Please spread the word!

      --

      The Production Team for
      PARAGUAY: Sounds of Hope

      Reporter & Co-Producer: Monica Lam
      Producers: Marissa Aroy, Serene Fang
      Field Producer: Meli Rockhold
      Camera: Serene Fang
      Editors: Monica Lam, David Ritsher
      Thanks to: Martin Almada, Favio Chavez, Enrique Vargas Peña, Luis Anibal Schupp, Nilda Úbeda
      Transcripts & Translations: Juan Data, Julieta Kusnir, Camilo Salazar Prince, Tupac Mauricio Saavedra

      Marissa Aroy
      MediaFactory
      www.mediafactory.tv
      Saul Zaentz Media Center
      2600 Tenth St., Suite 634
      Berkeley CA 94710
      office: 510-295-4305
      mobile: 510-368-0580
      Producing digital video content for television and
      the mobile device marketplace.