Winter/Spring Interns Sought, Center for Digital Storytelling,

  • Marissa Aroy
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 18, 2006

      Posted by: "Amy Hill" amylenita@...   amylenita

      Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:00 am (PST)

      Interns Needed at the Center for Digital Storytelling, Berkeley

      The Center for Digital Storytelling (CDS; www.storycenter.org), located in
      Berkeley, is a community arts center focused on multimedia/digital video
      training and production. Since the early 1990s, our programs have been
      exploring the role that personal narrative, storytelling, and new media can
      play in education, community arts, and social change contexts. We offer
      beginning-level training workshops in scripting, digital image manipulation,
      and digital video editing; collaborate with universities and community-based
      organizations across the U.S. and internationally, to train trainers in our
      digital storytelling workshop process; and provide one-on-one support for
      individual multimedia, web, and digital video projects.

      We're currently looking for several interns to work with us in the
      Winter/Spring of 2007. Interns at CDS have the opportunity to explore new
      media tools and share their own stories. They assist with preparation,
      instruction, and post-production related to monthly public digital
      storytelling workshops in Berkeley and specialized workshops held in
      collaboration with various groups. Interns also assist with the development
      of educational and promotional materials, web design projects, community
      outreach, data backup/management, and general administrative tasks. We are
      especially interested this quarter in working with interns who are already
      fairly skilled in basic digital video editing, as we have considerable needs
      for post-production assistance. We work with undergraduate and graduate
      students, as well as those pursuing career changes, retired individuals,
      etc. These internships are unpaid but can lead to paid facilitation work
      with our Center.

      Eligibility: Familiarity/experience with Macintosh computers required. Some
      proficiency in Photoshop, Final Cut Pro or Express, iMovie, Final Cut Pro,
      Premiere, Dream weaver, iDVD, and/or DVD Studio Pro highly desired.
      Willingness to commit to at least one-half day per week for at least three
      months preferred, but project-based, short-term opportunities are also
      available.

      To Inquire: Please contact Jessica McCoy at jessica@storycenter.org, or
      510-548-2065. We hope to hear from you!

      ** PLEASE CIRCULATE TO INTERESTED PARTIES. **

    • john dangerously
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 22, 2006
        Hello Marissa,

        This is J.P. =>
        I know it's really late in the game to be asking about
        this; but
        What do we do exactly to get our piece(s) in to the
        showing at BCC
        tomorrow??
        All i know for sure is the format must be MiniDV and
        it starts at 5:30.
        Would i be correct in assuming that if i were to show
        up a bit earlier w/ my own tape that it will be shown?
        I would naturally keep an eye out for either you or
        Racheal and/or seek out a person incharge. Even so, I
        will be there and ready to enjoy the show.
        Get back at me if you can. Thanx
        J.P.

        http://mail.yahoo.com