Re: [ProductionAllStars] job opportunity

  • Michael Jordan
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 13, 2006
      I did the audio processing for KPFA's Flashpoints Website making mp3 and real audio files of the day's broadcast and then uploading them to the server.  I would only need an introduction to the software you are using and could be up and running very quickly.  I work with a COMPAC laptop so I would just need the software to load to my system.

      The process we used At KPFA:
       I would get a CD of the day's show from the board operator at the conclusion of the show and then load it up to SoundForge and "top and tail" it (intro-outro, fade in fade out) and then save it to real audio or mp3 formats and upload it to the server and update the information to link it.  I believe that podcasts would work the same but just using a different file format and codec.  It's not that much work.

      Where does the audio come in?  Do you have newsreaders reading the website into audio files or what?

      Let's make some time to meet over coffee and hash it out.

      Yeah I'm the guy in the class and I was in group 3.  Thanks for contacting me.

      mic jordan

      Mary Uscilka <maryjesseu@...> wrote:
      Hi Mike, (I think you are the Mike that just joined our class yesterday??? ?)

      Do you by any chance know how to do audio podcasts for an online newspaper or could you learn how?

      I'm in the digital video class but also interested in doing podcasts (I think audio only) for the Laney Tower's online newspaper (Laney College's newspaper.) We are looking for someone to do the technical work for it. Peralta TV has an audio set-up but they do not have staff available to do all the work required for a podcast. Laney College is one of the four Peralta Colleges that includes BCC and is not too far by car or BART from BCC. I think that Peralta TV is a non-profit.

      Right now, we are just in the planning stages for this.

      Let me know if you're interested.

      -Mary

      Mary Uscilka
      BCC Digital Video Student
      Peralta TV News Coproducer
      maryjesseu@yahoo. com
      925-212-3626 cell

      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 13, 2006
        Hi Mic,

        Wow, you know way more than i do about this.

        I need to confirm that Peralta TV or Laney Tower is a 501 C 3 so that your work-study will work for this.

        So just to confirm, it sounded like you donate your time to the organization and then get paid through federal work study...so Laney or Peralta TV would not have to foot the bill? I have to be able to explain it to my boss at Peralta TV and my teacher at the Laney Tower...

        Once I get this piece figured out and get the go ahead with the audio podcasts, then we could set-up a meeting.

        -Mary

        I am a Federal Work/Study grantee who is seeking a non-profit
        organization to donate 8-10 hours a week until the end of June 2007.
        I would like to work in Berkeley near Berkeley City College. I am a
        Multimedia and CIS student at BCC with good computer skills and sense.

        If you know of any local progressive organizations who are (501-3c)
        and interested in learning more about this program with Berkeley City
        College contact me and I will get more information to you.

        And by all means, if you know of a position in such an organization
        please don't hesitate to contact me right away. If I don't use this
        money I will lose it.

        Michael Jordan 684-0726

      • Margaret Paloma Pavel
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 14, 2006
          Hello team...

          We are looking for Video edit and DVD production assistance at EArth House Center.  We have several great projects going including a book and DVD project...all on themes of social and environmental justice.
          Look forward to hearing from you.  Our website is under construction as well and we could use some help on that as well.

          With care,
          ]
          Paloma

          Margaret Paloma Pavel PhD
          Executive Director:
          Earth House, Inc.
          5275 Miles Avenue
          Oakland, CA 94618
          Tele: 510-652-2425
          Fax: 510-595-7295

          Growing healthy, just and sustainable

          communities through strategic planning,

          communications and multimedia tools.

          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 14, 2006
            Hi Paloma, I'm interested in editing and am pretty
            good with final cut pro. I'd like to know more,
            thanks. I can show you some stuff I've done if you'd
            like...

            Rey Velez

            --- Margaret Paloma Pavel

            http://mail.yahoo.com