intro to video class assignments

  • Marissa Aroy
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 12, 2006
      For those of you who just joined the class, these are our assignments
      so far:

      due 9/5
      Purchase Reader from Instant Copy $24 +tax
      2138 University, (between Shattuck and Oxford) 510-704-9700
      Read Scriptwriting, beginning with (first article right after
      contents) -p27

      due 9/19
      Write Proposal for Final Project

      Read p. 133-p155 Camera
      p164-p171 Camera
      p182-186 Interview with Maryse Alberti-cinematographer

      Due 9/19
      Read pg 2-5,
      Read Lighting p205-215
      Submit Project Proposal
      Submit a typed proposal for a single scene shoot that includes:

      1) One Scene (to be done in 1 time and place)
      2) What are you curious about? Why would you want to shoot this scene?

      due 9/26
      Read Pre-Production pg. 28-72: Read Robert Rodriguez p. 102
      Sumit first draft of script. Think small and local and short. Silent
      First Draft; rely on behavior, action and interaction on the screen.

      10/03
      Read audio p. 187-204

      If you have a video camera, please bring it to class over the next
      month so that you can familiarize yourself with its manual functions.