902Pixar Founder/ Monsters Inc Director BAM/PFA

    Mar 31, 2014

      Hi Rachel,

      Last production class I mentioned to you an event in Berkeley on April 7: a conversation with Pete Docter (director of Monsters Inc., Up, 2015's Inside Out, screenwriter for most Pixar films) and Ed Catmull (one of the 3 main founders of Pixar, President of Pixar & Walt Disney Animation Studios, Lucasfilm / Pixar software pioneer) about Catmull's new book, Creativity Inc. In the book he talks about what made Pixar successful as a studio and business.

      I've watched a few talks featuring Catmull on youtube. I always find what he has to say valuable to new filmmakers. Hopefully, if I'm right, this event will give the students, whoever goes, great info ranging from starting a business in film, on effective collaboration in developing projects, and how to maintain partnerships.
      Good extra cred. opportunity for the students?

      The event is $40 for one seat and a book, and $50 for two seats and one book. Catmull will stay after the talk to sign books.

      For more info, go to this link:
      the event is at Berkeley Arts & Letters at the Berkeley Art Museum/Pacific Film Archive (2626 Bancroft Way, Berkeley; enter via courtyard at 2621 Durant Avenue),
      on April 7 @ 7:30 PM.