      From: Dia North <dia@...>
      To: rachel mercy <vistaproduction@...>
      Sent: Sunday, July 12, 2009 6:58:34 PM
      Subject: RE: 1 or 2 camera people and PA needed

      Hi Rachel,

      Thank you for the information.  I need competent, pleasant, reliable people very often.  Let’s start with one or two people for this one event:

      EVENT:

      Fri, July 17, 8AM-5PM (7AM call in San Jose )

      Sat, July 18, 8AM-5PM (7AM call in San Jose )

      Sun, July 19, 9AM-2PM (8AM call in San Jose )

      Location: San Jose Doubletree Hotel (near the San Jose Airport )

      Client:  The Clean Tech Open is a nonprofit consortium of volunteers that runs an annual top-of-the-line international business plan competition for ‘clean technology’ start-up entrepreneurs.  www.cleantechopen.com.  Each year the CTO runs a series of training sessions to teach start-up teams how to write an effective business plan.

      Assignment:  This year 70 teams (of 1-3 entrepreneurs each) will receive 13 presentations and 13 break-out meetings over an intensive 3-day period.  My cameraman will use my Sony HDV equipment and will act as Camera 1.  I will also bring DV tapes to record onto.

      Need:  It would be helpful to have one or two people from you – Camera 2/PA, Camera 3/PA, or a second PA.  Lighting these kinds of events can be tricky and we are often limited by what the hotel will permit us to do.  For shoots like this where there is a lot of action and chaos, in truth all of us do whatever needs to be done to help out.  I will bring my Camera 1 guy and possibly another PA (will know by Tuesday).  Your camera people need to bring their own equipment.  I will bring DV tapes.  PA’s should have general knowledge of digital video and be willing to help out.  Client owns all footage.

      Production meeting:  There will be a telephone conference call for the crew on Wednesday or Thursday of this week (more info as I have it).

      Samples:  Here is a link to some of the video we produced for last year’s competition:

      http://web.me.com/dianorth/CTO/Success_Stories.html

      http://expertinabox.ning.com/video/2028893:Video:984

      http://expertinabox.ning.com/video/2028893:Video:1010

      Thanks, Rachel.  I look forward to next steps...

      All good things,

      Dia

      Dia North

      Executive Producer & Creative Director