224500 extras needed for great cause

  • peter erwin
    Apr 7, 2007
      Hey folks, email this to as many people as you think
      might be interested. Links to respond are within text
      body below. It's a project I'll be donating my own
      time to as a camera assistant.

      1) If you're interested in film it's a great way to
      watch how another crew puts it together on a large
      scale.

      2) If you're interested in getting people to look at
      war more critically, this is a great catalyst for that
      possibility.

      3) If you live out of the area, consider it an
      inspirational happening that you wouldn't otherwise
      hear about.

      Cheers-Pete Erwin

      We'd like to invite you to be an extra in a short,
      anti-war film called "War Prayer" starring Jeremy
      Sisto (best known as Billy--Brenda's crazy brother--on
      "6 Feet Under"). All the details are below...if it
      sounds like something you'd like to do, please respond
      to Karyn Veneklasen asap (casting@...
      <mailto:casting@...> ) and I'll get
      back to you with more info as we get closer.

      Please feel free to forward to anyone else you know
      who may be interested...we need the bodies, and want
      this to be a fun day for all!

      Thanks, and look forward to seeing you there.

      Karyn & Noah Veneklasen

      Call For Extras

      Lyceum Film’s anti-war short film The War Prayer,
      starring Jeremy Sisto (6 Feet Under) and Ed Kerr, is
      casting extras for a shoot on Saturday, April 14th,
      2007 in Castro Valley, CA.

      We need a large number of people (up to 500) of any
      age, race or sex to play a church audience in the
      film’s key dramatic scene.

      The movie is set in the modern day, in a mega-church.
      All applicants must be able to provide their own
      “Sunday best” church-appropriate clothing. Women and
      men must do their own hair and makeup.

      This is great opportunity to protest war in an unusual
      way, spend a day making a difference and (hopefully!)
      making new friends. Extras won’t be paid, but will
      receive a screen credit as compensation.

      To apply, please email a brief physical description,
      age & gender (attaching a low-rez recent photo is also
      encouraged), along with your name, email address and
      phone number to: casting@...
      <mailto:karyn@...> .

      Synopsis

      The War Prayer is a short film adaptation of Mark
      Twain’s short story by the same name. It exposes the
      realities of war and sheds light on the role that
      religion plays in justifying and perpetuating war.

      The War Prayer takes place in present day, during
      Sunday services at an Evangelical church in Any Town,
      USA. On the eve of war, our Reverend leads the
      congregation in prayer for the protection of our
      soldiers. In closing, he makes one last, seemingly
      innocuous request “…and grant us the victory, O Lord.”
      The service proceeds as usual until the arrival of a
      mysterious stranger, “a messenger from on high”. He
      silently ascends to the pulpit and proceeds to explain
      “the full import” of the congregation’s request, the
      “unspoken” part of their prayer.

      What follows is Twain’s masterful, yet horrifying
      depiction of warfare, an unrivaled indictment of the
      carnage that man has committed against his fellow man
      since time immemorial.

      The film will be actively promoted on the festival
      circuit, available on our website, through internet
      outlets (YouTube, etc) and through partnerships with
      progressive organizations. These efforts will be
      supported by an extensive schedule of press, public
      appearances and discussions. Ultimately we expect The
      War Prayer will be submitted for consideration by the
      Academy of Motion Pictures for the Oscars in the short
      film category, further expanding its reach.

      Logistics

      Shooting: Saturday, April 14, 2007. Approximate start
      time is 8am, and approximate end time is 3pm,
      depending on shooting schedule. An exact info sheet
      will be emailed out prior to shoot. A smaller group
      of extras may be asked to volunteer stay for
      additional shooting.

      Ample parking is available in the lot or on the street
      and is free. Carpooling is recommended. One mile from
      Castro Valley BART Station.

      Compensation

      As a non-profit production, screen credit will be
      given for all extras.

      Meals

      Beverages will be provided. Please bring your own bag
      lunch and snacks.

      Requirements Must be able to: react to the sermon and
      the mysterious stranger’s message. Provide your own
      “Sunday best”, church-appropriate clothing. Do your
      own hair and makeup.

      Gender: Any

      Age: 10 to 80 (younger children are also welcome but
      please be aware of the potential seven hour time
      commitment)

      Height: Any

      Ethnicity: Any

      Hair Color: Any

      Body Type: Any

      8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time