Re: MODERATOR I have `mothballed' this list PoE (was 2.1.2 Materialism)

  • Stephen E. Jones
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 14, 2005
      PoE Group (cc. CED)

      From: "Stephen E. Jones" <sejones@...>
      Date: Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:32 am
      Subject: Re: MODERATOR 2.1.2 Materialism

      >*** Maybe this is not going to work and I will have to shut PoE down
      >(or at least let it lie dormant)? The sort of scholarly, serious
      >comments and criticisms I am looking for, in order to improve my
      >book, I may not get on PoE. I will give it a trial cross-posting
      >excerpts from my PE posts on CED, but if I do not receive the sort
      >of feedback I can use, then I will mothball PoE. ***

      I have decided that "this is not going to work" and therefore
      to `mothball' this list PoE until my book "Problems of
      Evolution" is written, which may be some years away (but
      will be less years away if I write it more and debate it less!).
      There is little point me cross-posting excerpts from my book
      outline from CED, if I don't have the time to debate it.

      PoE is dormant, not shut down. I have left all members on
      moderation (which involved only changing the status of two
      members). That way members can respond to any updates I
      may occasionally post (e.g. as each chapter is finished, I
      receive a million dollar advance from a major publishing
      house <g>, etc).

      I will continue to allow new members to join PoE, but any
      attempt by a member to involve me, or other PoE members,
      in debate will probably be rejected. If a member has an item
      of news that is relevant to my book, that can still be posted.
      Debates on my book outline
      <http://members.iinet.net.au/~sejones/pe00cont.html> can
      still occur on my other list CED
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CreationEvolutionDesign>.

      Again, my apologies to members who may be disappointed,
      as I am, at this `mothballing' of PoE.

      [...]

      Stephen E. Jones
      MODERATOR

      "Long before the reader has arrived at this part of my work,
      a crowd of difficulties will have occurred to him. Some of
      them are so serious that to this day I can hardly reflect on
      them without being in some degree staggered; but, to the
      best of my judgment, the greater number are only apparent,
      and those that are real are not, I think, fatal to the theory."
      (Darwin C.R., "The Origin of Species by Means of Natural
      Selection," [1872], Everyman's Library, J.M. Dent & Sons:
      London, 6th Edition, 1928, reprint, p.156)
      Stephen E. Jones, BSc (Biol.) http://members.iinet.net.au/~sejones
      "Problems of Evolution"
      http://members.iinet.net.au/~sejones/PoE/PoE00ToC.html
      & http://members.iinet.net.au/~sejones/pe00cont.html