Best Tires for 2007 Prius

  • the_jazzguy
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 11

      I need to replace my current set of tires on my 2007 Prius.  I'm considering either Michelin Defender XT or Bridgestone Ecopia EP422.  Does anyone have any experience with either of these tires?

      Thanks.

    • hyattdj
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 11
        I always had good luck with the michellins on my prius.

        and good luck wiht bridgestone offroads on my trucks
      • S.G. Rowe
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 11
          I'm on my second set of Continental ProContact EcoPlus on my '09 Prius (159K miles) and love them.  If you're going with either of those two makes, go with Michelin, stay away from domestic tires   :-P
        • deanmr
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 11
            I have Michelin Defender.  Love them. 2004 Prius

            Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy® Note 4.

              Terrible experience with continental on 07 prius.Just replacing Americas Tire Road Huggers at 26,000 miles on tire after a year and wear bars very visible. We’re trying the Michlin Defenders next.
              Harold

              From: "hyattdj@... [Prius-2G]" <Prius-2G@yahoogroups.com>
              Date: Tuesday, April 11, 2017 at 12:41 PM
              To: <Prius-2G@yahoogroups.com>
              Subject: [Prius-2G] Re: Best Tires for 2007 Prius

              I always had good luck with the michellins on my prius.

              and good luck wiht bridgestone offroads on my trucks

            • Nick
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 11
                I run their X-ICE-3 and X-ICE-2 all year round on all vehicles. Awesome winter tire, rain tire, grip for fun. It is soft so it wears quickly obviously and if you live on the equator, then it doesn't matter. I think the best tire is very geographically specific.

                -- Nick

                From: "hyattdj@... [Prius-2G]" <Prius-2G@yahoogroups.com>
                Date: Tuesday, April 11, 2017 at 12:41 PM
                To: <Prius-2G@yahoogroups.com>

                I always had good luck with the michellins on my prius.

                and good luck wiht bridgestone offroads on my trucks

              • Richard Richieb
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 11
                  Bridgestone Ecopia EP100's on all our Prius & LEAF.
                  They show their own in efficiency. I avoid Michelin MX series as the last set began chunking, which the manufacturer blamed all many other reasons, none of which were pertinent!.

                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 15
                    I made the mistake of putting Bridgestone Potenza tyres on - handled
                    very nice around corners but added 10% to my fuel bill.
                    Replaced them with Bridgestone Ecopia tyres and I'm very happy.

                    - Stepho
                  • Wayne Anthony
                    Message 9 of 9 , Apr 15
                      Thanks to all for your comments and suggestions for new tires.  It looks like I'll be installing Michelin Defenders.