89227Re: [Prius-2G] 2nd Inverter Pump Replacement at 146K miles

  • Mark Bayern
    Apr 16
      Yep, on my 2007.

      The fine, working well, never a problem inverter pump was first replaced for free due to the Toyota 'not-a-recall' thing. (Maybe it was called a 'limited service campaign?)

      Unfortunately the replacement died 13 months later! Since it was over 12 months old the service department wouldn't do anything. I managed to talk the parts guy into selling me one at their lower (sell to other shops) price and did the swap myself.

      Mark

      On Sat, Apr 15, 2017 at 10:35 PM, kinner@... [Prius-2G] <Prius-2G@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      I had the inverter pump replaced in 2011 when it failed and it eventually was paid for by Toyota.  Last week, I had the same problem again!  First pump when 75K miles while this one went only 70K.  I do live in Arizona but the weather in late March was only in the low 80s so I doubt the heat had anything to do with it.

      Have any other owners had to replace the pump twice?  I have a 2008 with 148K miles and other than that, its been working fine.  These are the only 2 times when the “red triangle of death” lit.

      Regards,
      Russ K

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic