Re: [PrinceGeorges_Discussion] Graduation Requirement to Be Delayed for Some

  • pandacorner@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 28, 2007
      In a message dated 2/28/2007 4:21:38 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, NTuttJr@... writes:

      In a message dated 2/28/2007 11:38:57 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, pandacorner@ aol.com writes:
      Nancy Grasmick has just conned the Maryland legislatures, using the strategy of divide and conquer.  I hope our state legislatures are much smarter and can see through her ploy.
      What do we need to do to get her fired or removed from office? Or do we have to talk about her for the next 20 years with No results?

      Thanks for asking.
      We gave our take on this in our 02/24/07 email titled "Fwd: Comp HSA -- a political sop" and our  02/25/07 email titled" Achieve bemoans election of new MD Governor..."

      "... it is time to express to our Governor a vote of no confidence in the performance of our state superintendent during her 16 plus years of tenor, during which both Prince George's County and Baltimore City have come in dead last in the state "ranking" under her supervision."

      "...it is high time parents of students in Prince George's County Public Schools and any other Maryland Public School started demanding accountability from the state superintendent and the elected officials who keep rubber stamping her "so-called" education reforms.  The state superintendent position was legislated into existence and it can be legislated out of existence.

      Last time we checked, the state superintendent was a state employee, paid with our tax dollars, she works for us folks!  We have removed school superintendents, and school board members when we were dissatisfied with their performance, we believe the same fate should befall the state superintendent".

      It is high time we told our state legislatures to put on the brakes on any deals that our state superintendent has signed us up for without our knowledge and our approval.  It is time to say enough is enough, and that we are not going to sell our first born into slavery again.

      Naznin Adams, PANDA
      2001 Dania Drive
      Fort Washington, MD 20744

    • Tonya N. Jefferson
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 1, 2007
        As far as I know, her term is up in July 2008.
        --Tonya N. Jefferson--