Re: [Prevent-Connect] Youth Group Names

  • Make A Difference
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 31 9:24 AM
      How about SPEO Students Protecting Each Other

      SEVOC Students Ending Violence On Campus

      Sent from Mr. Allen Trimmings

      On Mar 30, 2011, at 8:54 AM, "Bincy Jacob" <bincy@...> wrote:

      Hi All,

      Quick question – what are some of the names that your prevention groups (especially youth) have?

      For example – I have heard of SAFER being used as either Students Active for Ending Rape or Students Advocating for Equality in Relationships…

      We are looking for some ideas to inspire us!!

      Bincy

      Bincy Jacob

      Executive Director

      Asian & Pacific Islander Women & Family Safety Center

      PO Box 14047

      Seattle, WA 98114

      Tel. 206.467.9976 x307

      Fax. 206.467.1072

      www.apiwfsc.org

      www.facebook.com/APIWFSC

    • Jennifer Rey
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 31 10:00 AM

        Our after school program the students named “Commit to Change”

        Jennifer Rey

        Violence Prevention Coordinator

        "Feminism is the radical notion that women are people."  ~Cheris Kramarae and Paula Treichler

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 31 12:23 PM

          In line with Peace Over Violence, we have our Youth Over Violence.

          And we also have STOP: Students Together Organizing Peace

          Trina Greene

          Start Strong Los Angeles Program Manager

          Peace Over Violence

          1015 Wilshire Blvd.  Suite 200

          Los Angeles, CA 90017

          Phone: 213-955-9090  X123

          Fax: 213-955-9093

          website: www.peaceoverviolence.org  /  www.youthoverviolence.org / www.startstrongteens.org

          cid:image001.jpg@01CBD9BF.0B23AF20

          cid:image005.gif@01CBD9BF.0B23AF20

          Denim Day is April 27, 2011

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 1, 2011
            Hi,

            Our program here in Oakland, CA is RAP (Relationship Abuse Prevention) Program.

            -Melissa Espinoza-
          • Jennifer Rauhouse
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 1, 2011
              STAND & SERVE