Solenoid Valve problem

  • mttstrr
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 13, 2005
      Hi all. I've built an air cannon using a 1"/25mm sprinkler solenoid
      valve as the release. For some reason though I get air flowing through
      the valve into the barrel, preventing any significant build up of
      pressure. Thinking I had a faulty valve, I bought a similar but
      different brand valve and had the same problem. I was wondering if
      anyone else has had the same problem and whether I'm doing something
      wrong. I've pulled the first valve apart several times to try and work
      it out. I think the diaphram doesn't seal properly.
    • Jesse
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 13, 2005
        Are you sure it's leaking into the barrel? I've had issues with air
        leaking out other places.. If you're sure it's leaking out into the
        barrel you could try cleaning the diaphragm..

        Make sure the manual release is screwed in all the way too..

        JM

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 13, 2005
          Thanks Jesse, but yeah, I'm positive. You can put your hand over the
          end of the barrel and feel the air coming out. T

          he diaphragm looks clean. Theres a plastic round thing that sits under
          the diaphragm inside the inlet part that seems to form the seal with
          the diaphragm, and I'm starting to think that is the only place it
          could be leaking. I will investigate further.

          BTW I'm still open to suggestions.