Behold, I Come Quickly

  • Stuart Robertson, aka CrazyHorse
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2004
      Behold, I Come Quickly

      The new preacher had just begun his sermon. He was a little nervous,
      and about ten minutes into the sermon his mind went blank. After a
      brief second of complete panic, he remembered what they had taught him
      in seminary about situations like this: repeat the last point. His
      teacher assured him this would help him remember what was supposed to
      come next. So he gave it a try.

      "Behold, I come quickly," he said. Still his mind was blank. He tried
      again. "Behold, I come quickly." Still nothing.

      He tried one more time -- speaking and gesturing with such force that
      he fell forward, knocking the pulpit to one side, tripping over the
      flower pot, and falling into the lap of a little old lady in the front
      row.

      The young preacher apologized profusely.

      "That's all right, young man," said the little old lady. "It was my
      fault. I should have gotten out of the way. You told me three times
      you were coming!"