oopa loopa

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 26, 2007

         i caught the show tonight, which was that of 4/19/07.  nice job all around.
         it may help to list the edt, etc, so folks around the globe are aware of what time.  i think the michigan tablets were the 'soper-savage' collection.
         yahoo and some other im programs have audio and video chat features, that might lessen costs for long distance telephone costs.

      mike

    • Rick Osmon
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 27, 2007
        Mike,

        Glad you finally caught one. You can also listen to the archived shows. If you would like links to those, let me know. You can listen to last night's show HERE

        I have thought of listing the times by city, but the international listeners (both of them, so far LOL) already have it figured out. I have also toyed with the idea of compiling a table of major international city times, but haven't worked it all out yet and I would have to modify it twice a year. It's at 9 pm NYC time, regardless of dst.

        Yes, the terms "Michigan Tablets" and "Soper-Savage collection" are used interchagably, but there are hundreds, perhaps thousands, that Soper never possessed. And, if I have this straight, not all were found in Michigan; some were found in very Northern Indiana and a few in Northwest Ohio.

        As for the audio/video capabilities, (as you heard) Mr. Miller used Skype and we had no problems with stability. Yahoo is an equally good means for PC to phone calls at very reasonable prices (about 1 cent a minute). The blogtalk network is pursuing video capabilities, but they just aren't there yet. The Michigan tablet discussion would have been much, much better for listeners if they could have seen what we were talking about.

        Stay safe

        Oz