?Pre-Aboriginal culture in Australia??

  • minnesotastan
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 2, 2006
    • Joan Butcher
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 2, 2006
        Bought Ian Wilson's book.Although some of his personal
        ideas are a tad far out,the photos of the Bradshaw art
        and his descriptions are well worth the price of the
        book.The first Australians arrived before 43000BCE.The
        people,who painted the Bradshaw rock art in the
        Kimberley region of Western Australia and the Dynamic
        rock art ot the Northern Territory did not reach
        Australia from Indonesia until after the last glacial
        maximum [ca 15500 BCE].They were smaller,more slender
        and had greater artistic ability than the indigenous
        population.They brought the yam downunder.Most of the
        males were killed in battle.The females were
        assimilated into the local populations.Australian
        female mtDNA is very diverse.There are over 15
        founding lineages-by comparison there are only 5 in
        the Americas.About 50% of native Australian males
        share a common Y chromosome.The victors acquired the
        losers women.
        Bob
        --- minnesotastan <minnesotastan@...> wrote:

        > Interesting article -

        http://www.tls.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,25338-2286453,00.html

      • Pat Cobb
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 2, 2006

             G-day folks ;

              I spy a lovely ‘hornets’ nest …is alluding to something …not breaking company rules ..Mythie J

          Peace or little pieces       Pat/Mobydoc

          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 2, 2006

             G-day Bob  et alJ

              Your summation could be quoted in the search

            for origins of ‘who’ were who and ‘what’ happened in

            Oceania and the Pacifica

            Then …you see…Easter Island is a classic of

            academic presumptions …and the sheep do follow

            …don’t they J

            --- minnesotastan <minnesotastan@ yahoo.com> wrote:

            > Interesting article -

            http://www.tls. timesonline. co.uk/article/ 0,,25338- 2286453,00. html

            Send instant messages to your online friends http://au.messenger .yahoo.com

          • Pat Cobb
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 2, 2006

              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 2, 2006
                Hi Pat,
                Prefer to have an eachway bet on Easter Island-it
                might have been an early hybrid society,with a
                Peruvian and Polynesian component.It has a number of
                cultural elements that are not generally attributed to
                the Polynesians.Any ones guess!!
                Cheers,
                Bob

                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 2, 2006

                      it seems strange, that the experts are hesitant to accept ocean crossings before 1492 ce, yet, normally assume that the population of remote places came from elsewhere.  they have the amerind tribes coming from asia, supposedly on a former landbridge, supposition upon supposition.  the java man apparently sailed to java 1.8 mya, or some great age ago.
                     it seems more logical to assume the populations were in their homeland, than to expect that all were mariners.
                     as for australian aborigines, they have moved their arrival back to 43,000 years ago.  my view is, as usual a little different, that a great upheaval 52,000 years ago, seems to have totally reversed the poles, where surface near the north pole, became the south pole.  such a disaster might cause global changes, currents would reverse, volcanoes might go extreme, and plates could move rapidly.  i think the first tribe rode the aussie plate from near madasgascar, to where it is now.  i admit cayce suggested this.  the rocs were common in both places.
                     no doubt humans have braved the oceans from the earliest time.  we shouldnt always think that a people must have originated elsewhere.  if evidence is found, then we can accept it.
                     if human ancestors lived on java a million years ago, they may have perpetuated population there continuously down to modern times.  some of the signs, relics, and tombs, could date between the present, and 1 mya.  we dont necessarily need boatloads of hindu and buddhist masons creating the island's great temples, circa 1100 ce.  the photos appear to show the carved stones heavy with dark patina, pointing to great age.  i would like to inspect them first-hand, but fear to linger very long on java.  hotels are pricey at jakarta, but may be lower nearer the temples.  btw, im awed by these holy places, and will show reverence there, but would like to walk counter-clockwise to the summit, if possible.  this is contrary to the prevailing buddhist belief at the temples.

                  mike

                • Pat Cobb
                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 2, 2006

                    Hy Bob ;

                     This man eating habit was practised right through

                    the lower half of our wonky old world …the females

                    (if young enough) were kept to use as breeding stock …or extra proteins when needed  L

                    Those  later date Easter Islanders came from the

                    Marquises  group …they deny this (of coarse ) J

                    Why no DNA tests on buried… burnt wood and bones or like everything else …why the cover-up J

                     The  statue shapes and the fire-trench …the flutes

                     the  missing eye patches…statues facing the wrong way (One day the truth will out ) old Scottish tale J

                     Thor Heyerdahl was closer to the truth than the brain washed academics really know J

                          regards         Pat/Moby

                    --- Pat Cobb <patcobb@ihug. co.nz> wrote:

                    > G-day Bob et al:-)
                    >
                    > Your summation could be quoted in the search
                    >
                    > for origins of 'who' were who and 'what' happened in

                    Oceania and the Pacifica .

                    > Then .you see.Easter Island is a classic of
                    >
                    > academic presumptions .and the sheep do follow
                    >
                    > .don't they :-)
                    >

                    > Peace or little pieces Pat/Mobydoc

                    > ?Pre-Aboriginal culture in Australia??
                    >

                    > Bought Ian Wilson's book.Although some of his
                    > personal
                    > ideas are a tad far out,the photos of the Bradshaw
                    > art
                    > and his descriptions are well worth the price of the
                    > book.The first Australians arrived before
                    > 43000BCE.The
                    > people,who painted the Bradshaw rock art in the
                    > Kimberley region of Western Australia and the
                    > Dynamic
                    > rock art ot the Northern Territory did not reach
                    > Australia from Indonesia until after the last
                    > glacial
                    > maximum [ca 15500 BCE].They were smaller,more
                    > slender
                    > and had greater artistic ability than the indigenous
                    > population.They brought the yam downunder.Most of
                    > the
                    > males were killed in battle.The females were
                    > assimilated into the local populations. Australian
                    > female mtDNA is very diverse.There are over 15
                    > founding lineages-by comparison there are only 5 in
                    > the Americas.About 50% of native Australian males
                    > share a common Y chromosome.The victors acquired the
                    > losers women.
                    > Bob
                    > --- minnesotastan <minnesotastan@
                    > <mailto:minnesotast an%40yahoo. com>
                    > yahoo.com> wrote:
                    >
                    > > Interesting article -
                    > >

                    > http://www.tls.

                    <http://www.tls. timesonline. co.uk/article/ 0,,25338- 2286453,00. html>
                    > timesonline. co.uk/article/ 0,,25338- 2286453,00. html

                    > http://au.messenger
                    > <http://au.messenger .yahoo.com>
                    .yahoo.com

                    Send instant messages to your online friends http://au.messenger .yahoo.com