Re: [Precolumbian_Inscriptions] Re: titicaca

    Message 1 of 18 , May 7 7:08 PM

         if they have tunnels, as reported all over the andes, in particular near cuzco, it might be easy to canal or tunnel to hook up with a tunnel.  they say it goes all the way to the pacific.  electrical generation is a bonus when you drop water over 12,000 feet.
         afterall, the altiplano was not covered by titicaca when men built the cities upon it.  later it was flooded by the sea, then uplifted, imho.
         like pat said, the uros, whom we all feel sorry about their poverty, are fairly newcomers, who ate the white race that were there before them.  at least this is what the legends tell us.
          its possible that the uros ate most of the incas, leaving the pair who founded cuzco.
         relax judith, its very unlikely any of our ideas will come to be.  instead, politicians will grab all the public funds they can get their hands on, and the native poor will continue living in their poverty, as they have for 500 years.  maybe we could help them more by planting some fish in titicaca.  maybe gold fish will do well there.  they get huge in a lake.
         these are side issues, our main concern are the ruins under the lake.
         i hear you rafael.  we had better avoid politics and current affairs, to keep peace in the group.

      mike

    • Pat Cobb
      Message 2 of 18 , May 7 8:02 PM

        Hy  Mike …Rafeal…Judith …Bob …et al J

         The group is in good health …politics and religion

         both mean power …times might change…but

         systems …never L

         I know what happened to the Cubans ‘gold’…

         the Vaticans private civilian army L in Cuba J

         But  hey… I’m just a old stirrer …with good

         memory J …I love the truth …because it coarses

         academic ‘B/A’s to cringe  and start quoting books

        that few people have ever heard of … the truth is

        not bad to learn …though some people might say this …they it hurts …but only if you don’t admit it J

        Those tunnels in the Andes …Mike… have key ‘Icons’ to led you in to a opening …It is a pre-Spanish “Cross”  J…sometimes in stone …

         sometime in foliage …J

        Oh …that (B/A) means  Bull@@@@/ Artists) J

        Peace or little pieces J     Pat/Moby

      • jdaintira@aol.com
        Message 3 of 18 , May 7 11:22 PM
          In a message dated 5/7/2006 7:18:56 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time, infoplz@... writes:
          relax judith, its very unlikely any of our ideas will come to be
          Totally relaxed here now. Yes, the idea of draining or drastically lowing the Lake horrifies me, but I had realized all along that these ideas were not probable.

          Whatever I put forward is only my opinion, as are the posts of all of us. I think.

          With this kind of off the usual track exploration, we are bounds to each have hobby horses based on our own research and travel and to disagree on occasion.

          While I do not always agree with the conclusions others of you have come to, I try to remain open to changing my mind on the basis of new evidence.

          I am puzzled by your comments on the Uros, who are a very small group.  This is the first I have heard of them eating the original inhabitants or of those originals being white, and if so re the cannibalism, it should not affect how we react to their modern day descendents who had nothing to do with the past.

          I agree that we are all of different political persuasions and that is not an issue for this board. I raised it only in terms of what the current and about to be governments of Bolivia and Peru would be likely to approve of in regards to draining or lowering the Lake in search of ruins.

          I find all of Latin America to be an exciting and dynamic part of the world.  Which is why of 13 foreign trips in the last ten years, 10 have been to Latin America. I miss it keenly.

          I am probably dealing with separation anxiety. (NO, NO, don't drain my Lake!!!!)

          ~ Judith Marie
        • Pat Cobb
          Message 4 of 18 , May 8 3:28 PM

            Hy Mike ...Judith…Rafael …Bob;

              Those secret codes and teachings from wayback..

             might be wake-up calls …left in our ‘old-brain’ to

            wake our grey-cells or white-cells to move to the next program..we ourselves have to work out the

            meaning of what was said (to be have said) J

             whether it was Enoch…Christ …Da Vince…

            Templars …the signs are there …that different people brains have created different ideas …

            some for the good of mankind and a lot for the destruction of all mankind (nearly) …

            though different humans have left different

            knowledge …in their own wording …most of which

            we don’t understand …the  sacred ‘glyphs’ from

            Egypt …Olmecs…Chinese…Sumerians…most

            used the knowledge for their own benefit …though others left it to the future-world…”us and now”

             I have said for many years that the answer to life

             Challengers was gifted to all people…whether they

            are coloured or none coloured …male or female…

            big or small… that’s why the “first” edict of all

            human beings should be  ( 1) [ Respect oneself ]

            above all things …this includes other animals and

            mammals... if a person acts none-human he forfeits

            the rights of all humans …(2)[The right of life] J

            These are but a few personal ideas …has anyone

            got any ideas to add …

             regards all (peace or little pieces)

                        Pat/Mobydoc J

            Message 5 of 18 , Sep 21, 2012

                 my lonely planet was among the few sources ive found that reports that lago titicaca 'is a remnant of lago ballivian, an ancient inland sea'.
              i hope to find research that speaks of this.
                 ive long thought it had a salt water origin, and more saline at greater depth.  it likely was much lower in elevation then.  tiwanaku has 22 representations of toxodon, a jungle creature that went extinct near 10,000 bce.  it could not have existed at the current bleak elevation and climate.
                 there are reports that titicaca was once much bigger.  hopefully, one day our lads will do more field surveys on the altiplano, to determine the ancient seashore, examine the marine sediments to learn what species lived then within its waters.  its currently recorded that the lake has predominantly two rare species of fish, but other sources claim that seahorses have been found.  the surface of the lake was at a different tilt angle or level back then, indicative often of former vertical movement.
                 i will be in peru and the andes in 10 days, and hope that im able to operate at the high elevation of the altiplano, over 12,000 ft.  i wont be doing much trekking and climbing, but will try to keep my eyes open to clues about the ancient cultures, and geology.  if mountain sickness sets in, i will need to relocate lower right away, and would miss touring the altiplano.  i plan to spend 11 days at cuzco and higher, and 18 days on the coast.
                 every tour of the andes should include a boat trip on titicaca.  i expect to get a boat at puno and another at copacabana.  there are sites i want to inspect along the lake shore, so i may enter bolivia by land, then cross the lake to puno on the return.
                 if the lodging ive booked has wifi as promised, maybe i can send reports and pics from the andes real time.
                 years would be required to examine the andes to any depth.  chances are that my 29 days will add little new information.  ive read much of that written by experts and other travellers, and hope to see first-hand if the facts support the conclusions given.
                 i must visit museums at every important site.  the colonial works interest me little, but since many of the blocks used were looted from the ruins of the ancients, seeing them cannot be neglected.
                 its hard to plan a trip to peru and the andes, with so many climates.  parts of it are deserts, jungle, and alpine, hot, wet or cold.  october is spring there, so i could encounter any kind of weather condition.  taking clothes that can be worn in layers seems the best way.