Re: [Precolumbian_Inscriptions] Stegosaur in Cambodia?

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 5, 2006

      hi rafael, all

         thanks for this info on angkor.  i did not see this panel when i visited angkor in 2004.  instead of considering that dinos were there in 1100 ce, we should realize these ruins are much older.  note the heavy dark patina, and the rounded upper surfaces from rain erosion.  no way these temples were built at the same period as the crusader castles, imho.  the surfaces that were cleaned at angkor are dazzling white.
         i need to research these khymer kings, and try to find traveller tales of people who visited siam near 1100 ce.  i would bet these temples were in ruin then.  it should have been quite a tourist attraction if they were new and pristine in 1100 ce.   i think thats nonsense.  the khymers may have adopted them, and claimed construction.  they are not even buddhist temples.
         you should try to get to angkor wat rafael.  try the 'happy herb pizza' in siem reap.  i can tell you how to see it for less money.  after dropping a bundle, i learned a better way.  i hope to return there, and spend more time at the ruins.  the tour ran me ragged for 4 days, and much was left unseen.  these complexes are huge, and their destruction has not been halted, huge trees still grow and knock walls down.  it is very hot there.
         where did the khymer kings get the money and workmen in 1100 ce?  its ridiculous!
         this panel is a real shock to me, but supports its great antiquity.

      Sent: Sunday, February 05, 2006 6:59 PM
      Subject: [Precolumbian_Inscriptions] Stegosaur in Cambodia?

      Dr. Rafael Andrés Escribano
      Hasting BA-8, Garden Hills Norte